FAQ About Team Radiant's Second Project

Max is playing it right now with his friends. Max gets about 5k to 6k viewers regular. They to love the net code but find some of the fighting moves to simple. But not in a bad way, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

I was really happy when i heard that you are making this game :slight_smile: (saw the commercials at the EVO streams). I’ve been wanting to learn fighting games for a long time, and what game is better to do it with other then one that is developed by Radiant? (it was only matter of time before the founders of EVO start a fighting game :stuck_out_tongue: )

from what I’ve seen in streams so far it seems like the game is succeeding with his goal of making more people interested in the Genre, so kudos on that :thumbsup:

good luck second TR team, it’s seems like you are doing a really good job!

EDIT: just got into the alpha :slight_smile: I’m super tired but I’m going to give it a try

4 Likes

for any one on here have a code first come first serve: 42XGT-0Y03V-WB8ZQ-4UI3Y-L0AM3
have fun with it!

2 Likes

heres also one:

P27KK-1MBLF-SGTJP-736D7-0B8AL

ready sety gooooo ^^

2 Likes

Is Rising Thunder’s video policy the same as Stonehearth’s? I saw this on the official forums (which are kind of like Discourse except totally different) but I just wanted to clarify.

Edit: Yep. Looks like Rising Thunder’s video policy is here under section IV. It’s the exact same thing, except with Rising Thunder instead of Stonehearth and in a slightly smaller font.

5 Likes

I’ve got a few keys as well, if anyone wants one! :smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations guys, and I just want to say that I really appreciate the transparency with the community here. Even as a non-fighting game player, I’m still interested in what you guys do on this project, and wish you the best of luck :smile:

7 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, but if i watch the Timeline of stonehearth and the current status of the game.
i am not really amused about this situation.

i saw this behavior on other companies in the past, and if they started to work on another game, while another product was not even close to be beta, it was a sign for the failture of the project.

proof me wrong, but for me it looks more and more that stonehearth gets soon shut down, which would disapiont me alot, as your project was a lightsign in this big kickstarter bulls***.

I’d be surprised if a company shut down the one project the founders were actively working on. And even if that were to happen to some company, I’d doubt that that company would be Radiant.

4 Likes

I’ve not been active as of late, But I’ve been following Stonehearth’s progress for well over a year. The game has achieved well, It’s done amazingly on Steam and the updates / progress has been amazingly fast in the last 8/9 months with a stable alpha update every month, month and a half. I find it very hard to see TR shutting down as they are well aware of the situations and stuff.

Plus as @sdee said the other games been in development 18+ months, It seems hard to picture how a game that’s been in development that long would effect the state of Stonehearth now. All the devs here are amazing and passionate about the game just like a load of players and amazing people of this community. I have full faith that this game will one day be complete and be the biggest game out there!

And just my own opinion here, A company making a second game is not always a bad sign, It could be passed of as a good sign too. Helps to show what a epic team TR are!

6 Likes

i am part of this project since they have gone to kickstarter. i am watching this project since the kickstarter campaign.
and i don’t observe this as a player, i observe this as a developer myself, i see the progress in performance, bugs, stability, ai, etc.

the timeplan is now more then 2 years behind their plan.
the client is not even close to be in a propper release state, as the client gets f***** up hardly in performance when more then 15-20 citizitens are in your town.

don’t get me wrong, i have trust in the skillz of the developers and art team of TR. But what i lost my trust in is the technology which is used for Stonehearth. (LUA). lua is nice for creating UIs with it in a modular way. but here it is used for so many other things like AI and all that stuff, and this is just wrong. this is not what lua should be used for in such a game.

But everything i read is that everyone is happy about it and it will be so amazing. To be honest, i say No it will not and this is based on my observation of the last 2+ years and my own knowledge in developing games which is 9+ years (C++, C#, Java, ASM, HTML5, Dark Basic)

1 Like

Critical code in lua is in c++ rewriting right now so it seems not everybody is happy with it…

They go for rewrite code parts in c++ now? Oh well, then it seems I missed this conversation.
if this is the fact, ill slip a little bit more into the direction to still have hope. :smile:

But never the less, 2+ Years of being behind the Timeplan is still a bad sign :confused:

Meh as long as the economy is running it will all work out just fine. Most kickstarter projects is a year+ behind the timeplan. This one is somewhat farther behind but as long as a full game is gonna come out it at soem point i can wait.

2 Likes

Paging @8BitCrab, needs a category: I am thinking Other Games