[Dev Blog] Introducing the Weaver

http://stonehearth.net/2014/07/30/introducing-the-weaver/

6 Likes

woohoo! back from lunchā€¦ time to digest some more tasty morselsā€¦ :smile:

Yeah! Weaver! Loving all the fixes and additions. Iā€™m hoping there will be a way to say ā€œSoldier/Squad X gets this armor, while Soldier/Squad Y gets That armor.ā€

Other than that, a very worthwhile wait for a blog. Thanks!

Interestingā€¦ Now we can dress our settlers :smile:

ok, we all know I gushā€¦ we all know, in my eyes, Radiant can do no wrongā€¦

but sweet Raya, this update was phenomenal! I suppose it was the coming together of so many new concepts, and the realization that SH will be a fully functional deathstar game in the near future!

I love that the tech tree is ā€œgrowing branchesā€ā€¦ I love that we now have more reasons/motivations for expanding our settlements and improving our citizens (farming the land to acquire supplies to then improve our efficiency and protection)ā€¦

love, love, loved itā€¦ bring on Alpha 4! :smile: :+1:

p.s. the relationship between units and upgrades is very slickā€¦ I can see this working very nicely going forwardā€¦ and bonus points for the lead-in to the bonus footage (record scratch)ā€¦ :smile:

3 Likes

It was very funny at that one point where that worker undressed (To which I was all like ā€œGah! Nobody needs to see that!ā€ -Shields eyes-) And then just walks off in his underwear in front of ereā€™ body. O_O

1 Like

Will we be able to control who upgrades, I dont want my fodder grabbing my 1 mythril armor

it doesnā€™t appear as suchā€¦ but who would constitute fodder? only your military units will try to acquire the new armor, and (in theory) they would all be on (mostly) equal footingā€¦

I feel like he meansā€¦ you have Captain America who can slaughter a titan after leveling up a bunchā€¦ and then you have newbie joe who tries to pick his nose with his swordā€¦

Guess who grabs that obsidian armor youā€™ve been trying to craft for 3 game days?

true enoughā€¦ perhaps you can ā€œcheat the systemā€ and craft said armor in close proximity to Brutus McHamfist, so he is assured to grab it once available? :wink:

Love the nameā€¦ Iā€™m fairly confident Radiant will put something in place for this type of thing, even if itā€™s extremely simple.

For instance a toggle. (Mchamfist has grab better armor toggled on, while Newbie Joe does notā€¦)

Heh, I said something about the weaver yesterday in my guessing xD

2 Likes

It was mostly obvious, with the comfy beds and the banners (I saw the banner recipes of the weaver long ago).

Whatā€™s the third option then, patrol zones?

the third option, under Zone Tools, from yesterdayā€™s screenshot? my guess was trapper zonesā€¦

2 Likes

Praise Cid for weavers being available now!

great update. I love that the soldier drops his sword out of happiness and just runs off without it. Although this might be a bug, I vote for leaving that in :smile:

@tom did say in the video something along the lines of ā€œheā€™s the melee guy so heā€™ll pick it upā€ so it sounds like maybe gear will be class/ unit specific? Iā€™m sure weā€™ll be able to set up some restrictions/ rules otherwise youā€™re right, it would be annoying if a random unit started picking up equipment you didnā€™t want them too!

Nice! :thumbsup: Ā 

yeah, I think thatā€™s the intent (workers would grab the outfit that buffs their speed, while combat units would grab the armor)ā€¦ but I think the more specific question was, if we have two footman, but one has better ā€œstatsā€, would we be able to ensure the better soldier gets the best equipmentā€¦

Hopefully ā€¦ Iā€™m sure it wouldnā€™t be too hard to make your ā€˜bestā€™ units have priority for gear! It certainly makes sense.

@Tom any word?