Crafter Stuck in Develop-2611

Hey Everyone, I’m trying to hunt down a bug whereby the crafter stops crafting. His queue is full of things, and his stockpiles are full of ingredients, but no item is “active” or “green.” Adding more items for him to evaluate does not start him up again.

If you’ve seen this happen in a previous game, and you want to help me find the problem, please download Develop-2609 on Steam Latest and modify your user settings file to allow logging on crafters. The user_settings.json file is in the same directory as the stonehearth.exe, and when you’re done it should look something like this:

{
…userID and other settings that are already there…
“logging” : {
“mods” : {
“stonehearth” : {
“crafter” : “detail”
}
}
},
…other settings that are already there…
}

Then, the next time your crafter gets stuck, send your stonehearth.log to me via contact@radiant-entertainment.com. Thanks!

8 Likes

hey. i’m new to changing any part of .json or other files containing settings and never done it before. so forgive my question, but… did i make it right?
i encountered this bug very often lately and would gladely help to wipe it out.
i opened it with the win7-editor.

{
"user_id" : "d89e2e3c-37af-11e5-90f2-bc5ff45ec1c4",
"logging" : {
"mods" : {
"stonehearth" : {
"crafter" : "detail"
}
}
},
"collect_analytics" : true,
"alpha_welcome" : {
    "hide" : true
},
"renderer" : {
    "run_once" : true,
    "use_high_quality" : true,
    "enable_ssao" : true,
    "enable_shadows" : false,
    "msaa_samples" : 1,
    "shadow_quality" : 1,
    "max_lights" : 50,
    "enable_vsync" : true,
    "enable_fullscreen" : true,
    "screen_width" : 1276,
    "screen_height" : 720,
    "draw_distance" : 800,
    "last_window_x" : 0,
    "last_window_y" : 0,
    "last_screen_x" : 16,
    "last_screen_y" : 60
},
"audio" : {
    "bgm_volume" : 1,
    "efx_volume" : 0.7
},
"force_32_bit" : false,
"tutorial" : {
    "hideStartingTutorial" : true
},
"enable_auto_save" : true

}

It validates with jsonlint and it looks right, so I think so. If you did it really wrong, the game may have failed to run, so it would have been pretty obvious :smile:

2 Likes

i didnt want to try playing until someone says it’s okay lol.
thx for pointing me at the jsoninit. didnt know of it. seems valid. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m currently playing on Develop 2611 (I know you asked for 2609 but I thought this may still be useful), My carpenter just like passed out over 26 fences,

After a save and re-load he revived himself, However I did get some errors, And wanted to share them with you in case they can help in anyway. :wink:

develop-2611 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:104: bad frame transition “unit_not_ready” from “finished”
stack traceback:
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:87: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:87>
[C]: in function ‘error’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:104: in function ‘_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:157: in function ‘_unit_not_ready’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:191: in function ‘_clear_think_output_from_ready’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:112: in function ‘_clear_think_output’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:303: in function ‘?’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:18: in function ‘clear_think_output’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:82: in function ‘think_progress_cb’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:344: in function ‘_think_progress_cb’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:522: in function ‘_remove_action_from_ready’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:195: in function ‘_remove_action’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:564: in function ‘fn’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:109: in function ‘private_msg’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:168: in function ‘_dispatch_messages’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:128: in function ‘suspend’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:146: in function ‘sleep_realtime’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.luac:179: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:90: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89: in function ‘f’
radiant/lib/env.luac:8: in function <radiant/lib/env.luac:8>

2 Likes

Thanks! Do you happen to have the logs from the time when he was stuck! Everything helps! Only 2611 has the logging code anyway!

3 Likes

I am still getting the bug, I did put in the settings what you wanted us to. however I dont get an error. so I am unsure of what I should do

in your folder is a file "stonehearth.log"
it may be displayed as textfile. send it to contact@radiant-entertainment.com so they can narrow down what is causing it.

1 Like

k, can anyone recommend a program for opening/editing .json files? Or is there a procedure for doing it that I missed. Using win10 and it’s being less than helpful

sublime text 2 - its the same prog the devs use. http://www.sublimetext.com/

and you can use http://jsonlint.com/ to check if all right :wink:

2 Likes

the standard windows editor works just fine for me. win 7 here
and check the changes with jsonlint before saving :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Notepad++ does some nice braces matching and lets you open multiple files at once, and it’s free, though definitely not as smooth as sublime. And no matter what editor you use, jsonlint is always a good idea.

2 Likes

jup that works but sometimes it changes the fileformat and then you can crash the full game ^^ i have meet this issues lots of times before sublime xD

@Wiese2007 downloading it right now and going to take it for a test drive (ie-make my first attempt to edit a file EVER …and hopefully not blow up my laptop in the process)

@Seraphic Win7 is a ferrari compared to win10…win10 is like trying to work on a smart phone. They didn’t even bother to include a text editor lol.

1 Like

@coasterspaul I just installed sublime so gonna check it out…made a note of Notepad++ just in case it’s easier for me to use lol.

What is jsonlint? I’ve seen it referred to a few times

2 Likes

it’s a link, click it. you can check if your edited json is valid there. meaning… it wont crash your game :grin:

btw. really sounds like they f** up making a “better” os again

3 Likes

They basically put ferrari emblems on a soap box racer and gave it away for free. It’s a stripped down nightmare meant to work on windows phones and everything else…so you need a phone that behaves like a computer and the giant overblown computers we need for work tend to behave like tablets. I’m currently running 6 monitors on my primary (no touchscreen obviously) yet my computer tries to switch it tablet mode every time I start it up. It also tells me that my power settings are not suitable for operating on battery and it will drain my battery quickly (it’s an 85lb liquid cooled tower with 5KW power) lol.

2 Likes

if you have questions just ask ^^ but look on their startsite at the 6 hints - they are very very helpfull :wink:

1 Like

I’ve run into an issue, the file I have looks different than what I’ve seen above…can’t figure out where to insert the line and have it validate

<{
“user_id” : “7232d624-3a49-11e5-81a8-606c6687150d”,
“renderer” : {
“run_once” : true,
“use_high_quality” : false,
“enable_ssao” : false,
“enable_shadows” : false,
“msaa_samples” : 0,
“shadow_quality” : 1,
“max_lights” : 50,
“enable_vsync” : false,
“enable_fullscreen” : false,
“screen_width” : 1688,
“screen_height” : 953,
“draw_distance” : 500,
“last_window_x” : -5,
“last_window_y” : 48,
“last_screen_x” : 11,
“last_screen_y” : 110
},
“collect_analytics” : true,
“alpha_welcome” : {
“hide” : true
},
“tutorial” : {
“hideStartingTutorial” : true
},
“enable_auto_save” : true,
“audio” : {
“bgm_volume” : 0.5,
“efx_volume” : 1
},
“force_32_bit” : false,
“language” : “en”,
“mods” : {
“stonehearth” : {
“enable_speed_three” : false,
“default_storage_filter_none” : false
}
}
}>

That’s what shows in sublime

Edit: nevermind, I think I got it. It validated so going to save and see if anything explodes :smiley:

2 Likes

{
“user_id”: “7232d624-3a49-11e5-81a8-606c6687150d”,
“logging”: {
“mods”: {
“stonehearth”: {
“crafter”: “detail”
}
}
},
“renderer”: {
“run_once”: true,