Class suggestions

Class: Explorer
Tool: Binoculars, Flag
Description: Hopefully the game will introduce “fog of war” and one can than use the explorer to discovery new areas on the map.

1 Like

I saw this, and lo and behold, it seems like the team’s already looking into it. A few of our more clever community members started delving into the code a few updates back and found traces of future class folders…

@The_M: There are also some other surprises if you look at the game files.

/uploads/stonehearth/original/2X/7/728c4e93e181b9838cad7702d8473d912e278419.png

The Cook/Chef’s there too, @edron5!

It’s a bit too soon to tell, but it could be tied to the Treasure Hunter class mentioned in the files. As for fog of war, I feel it’s fairly likely we’ll see it to some extent–otherwise, it’s going to be difficult for the game to run if the entire explored world is constantly revealed and generated (in addition to the feature’s gameplay value).

3 Likes

oooh an unknown folder

2 Likes

What I like to see is a bit more of production classes without the use of mods.

• BeeKeeper
  • Cook
  • Chocolatier -> cacao plants produced by farmer.
  • Brewer -> Hops produced by farmer
  • Miller -> flour -> Bakker -> Bread/ pastery.
  • farmer ( giving the ability to milk cows).
  • Herder taking care of sheep/cows/goats -> butcher

I think it will give your town more of a lively presence.

5 Likes

I hope they don’t lump cows yaks in with the sheep. Yakherd maybe instead?

1 Like

I like the shaman idea, but in a less combat oriented way.

Maybe an imbuer or enchanter, who starts off as a simple Weaponbearer, giving weapons a small percentage increase in damage via sharpening.

He then upgrades into being able to give minor enchantments like inspiring wielders and allies for better aim/less chance of fleeing.

His final tier allows him to get enchantments like +20% fire damage or 2X damage to goblins,

Edit: And of course, as I post this, I see the Leveling Up Weapons thread.

2 Likes

There could easily be a stacking of the two concepts; some of the enchantments/boosts you mentioned reminded me of my own Tactician class suggestion too, which wouldn’t be necessarily connected to units’ equipment either (as more of a selected-buff-focused class to lead troops or settlers). I’m hoping that these sorts of ideas will be implemented in one way or another, offering that extra web of customization and opportunity.

2 Likes

The blacksmith should have another sub group where if they reach level 5 (or something higher) you can promote them to a weaponsmith, they basically make better and more efficient weapons that do more damage.

After leveling up quite a bit, they learn new recipes like how to make a bow, so you can turn someone into an archer. Maybe when they hit level 15 or 20, they learn how to make a pistol and explosives.

Addition of an adventurer also will add a whole new topic to Stonehearth. Adventuring, you can find ruins out in the wild, find all sorts of goodies and ancient structures that advance your technology and uncover a new part of the world your town didn’t know about.

What do you think?

Welcome to the discourse @touchportal :slight_smile:

I don’t know, in my opinion the weapon smith should be either the same as the blacksmith from the beginning, or a separate class all together. But that is an opinion only.

I don’t exactly like this idea. gunpowder/explosives are…well to “dark” to fit the theme of Stonehearth. I’m sure we will see some explosives from the engineer, but getting guns doesn’t seem right.

This is a highly discussed topic. Adding a new class to “adventure” might be a solution, but it also takes one more citizen away, and we are limited as it is.

Look i found the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

well… technically those are already a component of the engineer class… :smiley:

New Class - Engineer: Fiendishly complex traps. Steam pumps. Black powder. In his moments of genius, this Master Craftsman boosts your town’s productivity with miraculously advanced tools and weaponry. In his other moments…

thanks! [merged]

Had a thought about the town flag and the merchants. Instead of all the traded products appearing at the flag, what if there were a new class, a Guild Master (Trader’s Guild) that had to be achieved first, as well as a trader’s desk, in order for “business” to be conducted with passing traders, and the bought items appeared in a new stockpile type. As the Guild Master leveled up, they could decrease the cost to buy new items, increase the gold achieved from selling, unlock “fine” items, and even be able to call traders on demand. The catch to all this is that traders wouldn’t come unless they’re dropping items off until the master was made.

1 Like

Oops sorry about that, being tired while replying on two different forums can be confusing O_o

I love the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

In a recent post I already mentioned the idea of a physical merchant class, but you probably didn’t read that so I won’t get angry

1 Like

Hmm i have a hard time finding the exact part where you go into details on a merchant class?

Also as this is clearly a suggestion for a class it fits under this thread: @SteveAdamo, @Geoffers747

1 Like

My apologies as I didn’t realize we were grouping them all under one thread. As well as I haven’t seen a detailed post on a merchant class either.

That being said, I think I came up with a plan for the levels of my guild master, and wanted feedback;

• Apprentice: Caravans asking for trade stop by only.
  • Level 1: Merchants begin appearing, whether it be simple or skillsman.
  • Level 2: Player pays 15% less when buying things.
  • Level 3: Merchant pays 15% more when buying things.
  • Level 4: Items marked “Fine” are able to be purchased (fine bed, fine table, ect.)
  • Level 5: Guild Master can trigger random merchant to appear.

As for how experience would work, I was thinking it should be based on how many items you buy and sell, rather then how many merchants come and go.

3 Likes

The class and leveling system works well for this game, but something more should be added. I find that when one of my hearthlings levels up i don’t see it as a big deal. Yes, abilities will be implamented later, but there still is tons you can do. This idea sort of builds off the apprenticing workers topic. So, how it works is each unit/class has its own skill tree. In the tree you would see all the possible abilities and different variations or upgrades. For example, the footman, in his tech tree at level one he’d get a new ability, at level two he would get two. Then you would choose one of the two allowing you only to access abilities following the one you chose. This would repeat until perhaps level five where you could upgrade into a soldier or gaurd for instance. The gaurd would give more defensive bonuses and the soldier more offensive. These upgrade could not only give buffs but also unlock items. For example you could limit the type of weapon a simple footman could have but then if he gets a certain upgrade he unlocks a previously locked weapon and can use it.

3 Likes

Great idea I had the idea of a merchant as well but it sounds like you have yours already figured out.

The only thing I haven’t figured out is what Level 6 would do. By level 5, you’re already gaining 30% more gold, able to buy fine items, and can call a merchant rather than waiting. So what else could their be? Or should Level 4 & 5 be bumped up a level and just give level 4 that generic +10HP?

Also, your soldier idea, all my yes!

@SirAstrix what about a mystic merchant