Class suggestions

Class Name: Mecha.
Weapon: Various machinery, like spinning saws and blades.
Description: The Mecha is like the Iron Man of Stonehearth. Sporting a bronze and iron plated full-body suit of armor with a steam engine strapped on his back, he wrecks havoc using carefully engineered spinning contraptions and death-weapons on his hands fueled by steamy pipes. Each hand could hold a different weapon, or a shield (maybe even a magical one).

This unit would obviously be expensive to create and maintain, not to mention that it would be terrifyingly slow and be unable to wield any long-ranged weapons (well, maybe a dagger/dart shooter at best); but if it gets close enough to use its array of cruel and meticulously crafted tools… God help you.

1 Like

Class Name: Tom/Tony
Weapon: Computer
Description: Uses computer to re-program enemies to serve them, and to hack in godly… I mean SteveAdamo weapons. Also they are gods!

I’d imagine Stonehearth being more of a pre-Industrial Revolution game, like a super late Renaissance. Stonehearth just seems to give off more of a simpler vibe. Either that or it’s just me, seeing as I already feel sketchy about the Engineer stretch goal.

2 Likes

I like the idea for the HAY’s, perhaps you would need a herder/shepherd to catch them from the wild.

A couple idea’s from me
Forager - Doubles the amount of resources from hunting animals and bushes.
Farmer - can pick seeds from the wild and sow crops to increase food resources.
Fisherman - pretty self explanatory.

2 Likes

Some class ideas for the game:

• Woodworker
    This is the class before the carpenter. Can build simple things like wooden beds and things. Essentially is a rename of the current Carpenter.

• Carpenter
    This class is unlocked when the Woodworker is given a Chisel. It can create more elaborate things such as ornate beds and chairs and tables.

• Master Carpenter
    Available after the carpenter has crafted at least 500 elaborate items without failure. It crafts things quickly and also can craft barrels, small items as well as larger beds, tables etc. It is essentially a wheelwright, carpenter, woodworker and cooper in a single class.

• Shepherd
    Give a trapper a crook to make him a shepherd. They keep sheep and goats and shear them.

• Cowherd
    A shepherd levels up into a Cowherd. They can keep both sheep, goats and yaks and things. They milk yaks and goats and shear sheep and goats.

• Swineherd
    You can also level a shepherd into a Swineherd. They keep only boars and other swines for meat.

3 Likes

@Deonyi as the professions are planned at the moment, there will be 3-4 tiers for each profession. So e.g. the carpenter will start with Tier 1 as we know him right now. Over time he will gain experience and advance to tier 2 (including a change in his look and that of the workshop). More or less this is what you have in your mind… just not sure about if the title will change.

1 Like

Do cross-bows count as bows? I’m just sayin’.

No, they’re a… winch and lever projectile weapon. A bow is hand drawn.

3 Likes

But it is a tensioned string, with the tension released to shoot a projectile. I think it’s a bow.

It’s like a cross between a bow and a ballista. I don’t think so. . . More like in the overpowered hand cannon category. :wink:

2 Likes

That, to me, is like saying a compound bow isn’t a bow, but what ever.

Let’s put in different arrow categories. I bow fires an arrow but a crossbow fires a shorter thicker bolt.

I suppose they fall under a similar umbrella (if you look at things like materials, ammunition)… but there are obvious and significant differences in construction, accuracy, efficiency, firing distance, etc.

bows are faster but harder to use and some are weaker
while crossbows are slow but easy to use and more powerful than most bows (varies by the crossbows and bows type)

Crossbows do work the same physics-wise and crossbow has bow in its name even.

that’s because of the string (the bow).

Hey, look at this: Crossbow - Wikipedia

Wikipedia to the rescue!

hand drawn crossbows are weak though :slight_smile:

I was playing Stonehearth trying to come up with great ideas, well I think I’ve come up with one!

Introducing the Fisherman!! Imagine you’ve spawned around a river, and you need some source of food, of source you can farm, hunt, or gather but how much fun is that? You just want to relax by the river and fish, and that’s exactly what you’re going to do!

Now I haven’t decided what line this will fall under, most likely a branch from the trapper tree. All the fisherman would need is a zone to fish in with either a net, fishing rod, or harpoon.

What do you think?

3 Likes

I think its a wonderful suggestion… and an excellent reason to resurrect this thread! :smile:

1 Like