Citizen Stats Alpha 15, How to Mod For Max Stats

I found out how to modify citizen stats in Alpha 15…
Here’s how you do it:

1. Go To your Stonehearth Folder
  2. Then go to the mods folder
  3. Then open up the stonehearth.smod file with winrar or an archiving program
  4. After that is open go into the mixins folder
  5. Then into the base_human folder
  6. Then open the base_human.json file with notepad or whatever you want
  7. Then look for the pieces of code that say Mind, Body, and Spirit below stonehearth:attributes
  8. Then change the base and max to whatever you want or just make them both 6 for max stats

This is my first tutorial so tell me how i did
other than i did this at 12:30 am EST

I am also going to look into the stonhearth:storage piece of code so i will update this post if I can figure out how to, also I only know very basic code so please try not to ask difficult questions on this stuff.

Thanks
NFSmaster16 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Hey there @NFSmaster16, welcome to the Discourse! Thanks for the tutorial write up :smiley:.

Check my topic out!
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/gold-can-be-changed-like-the-character-stats-tutorial/21086

I just found this after reading the gold one and I have a problem When i try this I am using winzip and I don’t see the folders but after a long search I open base_human.json and I change that stats of the base to 5 and when i load my game I get immediate errors upon starting the game. Is this normal? If I make the stonehearth.smod a folder how do I change it back (I did make copies of the original .smod) but I am wondering if that might fix it if I can unzip the stonehearth.smod and then make it a .smod again and if so how.

For this one there is no need to unzip anything you just have to open the stonehearth.smod rar file go through those files and find the pieces of code that i put in the post and you modify them to what ever you want them to be…

i just tried this but when i went to play the game the stats i got on my new roll of starting was less than the minimum had set so im asking is there anything i should do that is not in the tutorial
it was these right
"stonehearth:attributes": {
“mind”: {
“type”: “random_range”,
“base”: 5,
“max”: 10
},
“body”: {
},
“spirit”: {
},

found the problem it should probably be said that you need to activate a option in game for this to Work

In Alpha 16/17 the way stats work (At least for me) changed.

To mod for Max stats you need to edit

To change: ascendancy_population.json

“attribute_distribution”: {
“allocated_points”: {
“min”: 18,
“max”: 18
},
“point_limits”: {
“mind”: {
“min”: 6,
“max”: 6
},
“body”: {
},
“spirit”: {
}

Yes, You have to activate the option for this to work. I haven’t been on the forums in a while srry.

How does one edit the stats now? i edited the .json file with the stats i wanted, but there is no
"attribute_distribution": {
“allocated_points”: {
in the file that i can see and my dudes are still spawning with random stats. what do i have to edit to make it work?