[Con] Carpenter momentarily stuck placing crafted item in general stockpile

Title: Carpenter momentarily stuck placing crafted item in general stockpile

Summary: When the carpenter went to place a bed from his output stockpile straight into the general stockpile (as I had turned furniture off in the output stockpile per @Silas’s suggestion), he froze momentarily (literally; his model did not move at all) before placing the bed slightly further in than expected (as normally, items are placed at the very edges of stockpiles).

Steps to reproduce: Forbid furniture storage in the carpenter output stockpile (not sure if relevant). Have a piece of furniture crafted. See if this problem occurs when the carpenter moves the crafted item straight from the output stockpile to a general stockpile that accepts furniture.

Attachments:
2:28 furniture is forbidden in crafter outbox. 27:36 bed is crafted, placed in output stockpile, then moved immediately to general stockpile. 27:43 momentary freeze.

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 118) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

1 Like

Something similar happened in R122 with my weaver. He had yet to build his workshop, went to place a bundle of fiber (or whatever it’s called) at the blueprint, then picked it up again and moved back to the stockpile to place it, but only after freezing for a bit. He actually put it just beside the stockpile, as well, making me think the carpenter in my original report wasn’t actually storing this item either, just putting it a little bit away from where he first meant to put it, which in that case just happened to be inside the stockpile.

The error message you see here I think is related instead to another issue.

13:13.

I’ve had the issue of crafters getting stuck as well, however in my case, the crafter gets stuck while at the crafting table (I don’t have screenshots, sorry :pensive:). My solution to get them “unstuck” was to relocate their crafting table. The moment the crafting table is removed, they get unstuck.

Had the same issue in my latest episode (will be released at 3:00 MST) where several times both the mason and the carpenter got stuck on me. I noticed later on that if a Hearthling did something near them they would start working again.

1 Like

thanks for the confirmations folks… [tagged] :+1:

Oh, why we didn’t notice it before? This bug was reported months ago, but it’s now when we are noticing it more often (at least in my case).

I’ve also seen it happen with the mason, I suspect it only affects the crafters. They get stuck before placing the item, and (as if they did a second search for an empty spot) they drop the item in another place. I’ve seen them placing item over other items (the usual bug). So maybe it’s their fault when searching where to drop the item. Probably they were thinking about their next task… or about the mysteries of the universe :expressionless:

1 Like

Contemplating the meaning of life and if there is something bigger then themselves guiding their lives and what they do. If they built that fence because they were inspired to or guided to do it. :smile:

2 Likes