Aviex's Creations

New female hairstyle with a new customization mechanic attached to it.
Hair color changes by the bow that’s a part of the hairstyle stays white :smiley:

4 Likes

Working on the towns that will be safe zones in the game.

Here’s an example of the walls surrounding the towns(gates to be added still)
The little box is what player is relative to the town scale-wise.

Added a gate to the town.

4 Likes

I think the walls look like they are too high… in the middle ages, a wall would not be much higher than 1-2 men.

Weird you commented right as i was updating! :sweat_smile:

Let me put it in game to see how it actually compares to a building and a player

We might have a problem…
Not so much a village as a very paranoid hermit.

3 Likes

I think it’s about right now…

@Reedo I get that they’re historically 1-2 men in height but this is a fantasy game, and they are there to protect the inhabitant from fantasy creatures who may or may not be able to get over a wall over 10-12 feet tall.
In a game that is all about survival, a taller wall gives a better since of security and since the towns are supposed to be the only TRUE ‘safe’ point in the game, that’s a good thing.

4 Likes

Dear god, @coasterspaul , I see 30 notifications and you’re just going down the page liking each post…
:laughing:

1 Like

yeah, he tends to do that… it’s even worse when your not around all day and come back to seeing that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m sitting there typing up a plan for the weekend on the actual game post and I look up and my notifications is at 34.

I’m like “Either discourse is lagging or everyone just got home from work/school at the same time…”

1 Like

I haven’t been around for a few weeks, it seems, so there’s been quite a lot for me to catch up on. Sorry :blush:

I think the wings need to be just a bit smaller.

I really like the taller models, I think it works better for a game where you’re closer to and involved in the action unlike Stonehearth where you’re in the sky watching your little people work.

Boats are cool but I think the water looks a little messy.

I find the shadows are a little messy also - with whatever engine you’re using, is it possible to get less blurry shadows? If not, it’s okay.

2 Likes

I get you.

I’m going to revisit the wings at a later date.

I’m glad to hear it, my ‘driving force’ to make them taller was so their pants(which are their own equipment piece) to be… noticeable.

The boats and water was all testing to see if it’s a good idea, they will both look extremely different when they’re complete in-game.

Shadows can be ‘crisper’ and the change is relatively easy. But I plan to implement a setting in the future to toggle them off and on because detailed shadows can be a real pain graphically.

1 Like

New “race” of enemies created for the game, the children of the forest. There’s 2 different types of these forest dwellers atm an archer and a warrior. I will be making a male variant soon.

Creidt to @Hyrule_Symbol for the hair, scythe and dress of these scary forest dwellers(though I might be responsible for them being scary.) Modified the original version of the dress/scythe he made, kept the hairstyle as is cause it’s just so perfect. All 3 in game with his permission :slight_smile:

Two variations
Ranged

Melee

6 Likes

Sweet little carpenter’s work bench

2 Likes

Finally got around to making pickaxes and a seperate “smash” animation for two-handed weapons.

2 Likes

Working on finishing up crafting stations and mining. But my scatter-shot approach has left me with a few things half-done.

Sometimes you just don’t want to work on programming and rather model new stuff. ¯\(ツ)_/¯

Finally got around to making an entire set of armor, though the weapons you choose is up to you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Today’s been a modeling/animation day.
I really wasn’t happy with the movement of the character due to the changes i made for the blending of attacking+walking.
I had to remove the arm swinging that added so much to the ‘life’ of the character.

So I finally got around to putting the work-around (essentially setting the idle attack state to a blend between the walking/running/sprinting arm motions, if you were curious).

Character currently attacks with the shield as if it was a weapon, though that isn’t the intended purpose, it was a temporary addition just to get the shield equipped properly.

Thursday-Friday To Do List:
Finish Shield system(Percent block chance I’m thinking… lemme know if you have any ideas).
Finish Pickaxe/Mining set-up.
Finish Craftng Stations transaction set-up(giving you the product and removing the materials from your inventory).

All HOPEFULLY before I leave for vacay Saturday. I might even have a playable build just for fun.

4 Likes

Verry nice work you did :smiley:
keep it up :slight_smile:

I did a recreation of the legendary archer I made ages ago.

Perhaps it’ll be a wandering hunter you can find in the forest, perhaps it could be you.

The legendary Archer, Aviex Hood 2.0

6 Likes

For some of you who might like his original hat

3 Likes

Just got back home from vacation, was a nice break from everything but glad to be back. Here’s what I was working on for a while leading up to vacation.

6 Likes