Aviex's Creations

Thanks! :smiley:

It is. It’s currently all being done by me, though I work on games for my career so it’s not some hobby.
Though I do have a full-time job so I guess this is my side-job.

I am a programmer by trade so animations/art aren’t exactly my job but I have made all the models, 2d art, and animations for the game along with programming it all. Although I do have around 1000 hours spent using qubicle from making mods/items for Trove starting back in 2013 to making fan art for Stonhearth a year ago.

The end goal is a multiplayer RPG, but it’s sorta a scaled down version of my dream game that I hope to make one day.

If It gets finished enough to the point I could sell it on steam or something then I might just use that money to move to working full-time on the game.

I really wanted to make the RPG-system where you can basically switch out your equips from head to toes and all the animations still work fine.

Here’s the art folder of all the assets I’ve made for the game, I try to keep things very organized :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wow @Aviex your work is really coming together, I hope more people look at your stuff and give their support.

1 Like

That’s all I could ask for!!
I have been busy for the past 6 months with starting a new job after college and such so I got really rusty at qubicle hope it doesn’t show in the game. :sweat_smile:

Speaking of which, I started making more weapons though I don’t plan to have weapons all over the place I plan to make sets of the basics(iron, steel, (Orchicalum, mithril, etc) and ‘legendary’(Dropped from special bosses)

Here is my first of those ‘legendary’ weapons, in the form of a bow. As you can see it’s a little different than your standard wooden bow :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

So I added a quick tab swapping for on-hand and off-hand weapons since I will be allowing players to use any weapon they want as long as they have the required level for it.

Ranged+Magic? Bow in 1 tab, staff in other.
I also added a visual display for your offhand weapon, but I might add a setting later to turn it off for personal aesthetic preferences. (Since it does clip with the cape)

5 Likes

Just a reminder I would love feedback regarding anything posted here. Whether it’s “I think so and so looks funny” or any question you may have.

I have a circle of close friends I’ve been sharing similar gifs/pictures with to get their feedback but I’d appreciate any feedback I can get. Or if you have any neat idea you think I should look into feel free to let me know :slight_smile:

Added variation in weapon’s speed to give reason to their difference in attack. Typical heavy weapons = longer speed, small agile weapons = shorter speed. Although some rare weapons(like the Nightmare Bow) indicated by their name color(typical RPG tactic) might slightly differ from the usual speed of a weapon type.

Sorry for the .webm, recording was too long/file size too big imgur turned it to a webm.

2 Likes

So far I think it is very interesting. I have seen demand for a StoneHearth RPG playstyle in some of the posts on discourse. I can definitely say that your mastery over the voxel exceeds mine by factors of power.

2 Likes

One thing I noticed @Aviex is that your characters (provided you are making a stand alone game) have the same “trade mark” floating arms. I just think the team will appreciate if you were to connect the arms fully.
That’s all for now.

2 Likes

Trademark? Trove had the float arms look(Which came first)…
It just works better for animation purposes

The only thing I really like about Stonehearth models particularly is the hand shape. Trove did floating blocks which were ugly af

I really like the character shape for Stonehearth though I did change a few things mostly below-the-waste shapes.
I gave my models legs cause I plan to have pants be their own item so they needed legs for them to be noticable. I also shrank the boots cause they were too blocky.

Here’s reference

@Geokhan I’ve wanted to make a voxel RPG(more likely an MMORPG but that’s a large project) for a few years now. I originally had a model concept that was a mix between cube world and trove but then Stonehearth came along and showed me voxel models can have cool hands. I didn’t want to rip off StoneHearth completely though. The head was relatively the same shape as the old one, the torso was the exact same although 1 unit taller. The legs are essentially non-existant on Stonehearth models so that’s 1 difference, the boots match the new legs.

Voxels are tricky because there’s very little leeway to change things without doubling your models size for details which would make it even harder to make new armors, pants, hats, gloves, etc.

3 Likes

Added a new animation for daggers. more of a jabbing/swiping attacking since they are being held backwards.
there’s a current bug with the animation cycle, the typical dual wielding cycle is left->right->both but occasionally the left animation just skips all together, still looking into it.

2 Likes

Just a test helmet model for now.

I plan to have hats and full helmets as the possible wearable things on your head.

Hats just sit ontop your head, full helmets cover your head

Made a ‘battle ready’ animation to move your visor up and down(inspired from Islet Online)

3 Likes

So I finally did something that I’ve been thinking about doing for a while and wanted to do before I got too many things I’d have to change because of it. I reduced the size of the character’s heads. Much like the reasons for why I changed the legs/boots I wanted to get rid of the ‘voxel chibi’ look that Stonehearth sorta has and make the character look more proportional. After seeing the new full-helmet with the wider heads it made me finally do it and I believe it looks much better with the smaller heads. I’ve updated the 6 hairstyles I have to match the new head-size which is much better than doing it later when it could be 10, 20, 30+

EDIT: for some reason the image looks stretched on discourse but looks normal when you click it?

EDIT2: idk what’s going on it keeps changing.

2 Likes

First full set of armor in-game.
Everything looks good.

2 Likes

Was considering making the wings I made previously an actually in-game item but I’m not sure how I feel about them now…

3 Likes

hmm… i think the wings look really cool,

but i would suggest breaking up the colors a bit more, from what i can tell in the picture, the red inside of the wings is all just one color. try adding a lighter and darker variation of the red into the model.

personally i don’t see the floating arms as the trademark, but rather the hearthlings faces. if i could only change one thing from a hearthling to make it my “own”, it would definitely be creating my own face style… just my two cents…

1 Like

I am curently working on changing the faces! I’m actually working on facial/character customization today!

The eyes are already able to be changed and I’m working on getting hairstyles to be changeable aswell.
I did shrink the faces cause they were too wide imo but I will also change the face.
The eyes aren’t exactly that unique since 2x4x1 blocks were exactly what trove did aswell.

Here’s a side-by-side of the current differences, the eyes could be any color really and I’m still working on my own main male hairstyle
(the height proportions are mine are including the max hair height I have set(for things like mohawks))

5 Likes

New male hairstyle.
Still adding more for both but the 2 hairstyles in-game are both set up to be color changeable

4 Likes

Recolored the steel armor into it’s lesser bronze armor

4 Likes

Eventually I’m going to have start designing cities and a world for this game to take place in.
So I decided to get doors working today.

Got some nice little windows for my humble abode

4 Likes

I’m playing around with sailing atm… For bigger future impact.

I didn’t make the boat, it was straight up ripped out of Trove(only using it for testing)

Some sailing mechanics

5 Likes

I’ve spent the past couple hours fixing the melee combat cause it was a little… weird ( hit detection wasn’t hitting always).

I’m wondering if I should make a demo build for anyone who wants to just walk around and play with things I have up to this point… The game is far from a game but I really wanna make sure the mechanics aren’t clunky as of now.