Aviex's Creations

SO CUTE. Seriously though really cute.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m glad you like it!

I wanted it to be cute with a little spunk. Like the embodiment of “DON’T TREAD ON ME!”

He’s cute but will pack a punch in terms of fighting ability.

1 Like

Here’s the egg design for the baby dragon.

I’m working on a sample ‘hatching’ animation right now.

Here’s the sample hatching animation(modified it, made the top of the egg shell go ‘flying’ bit more)

3 Likes

Here’s the second pet I plan to add into the game(only these 2 will be in for now). The baby lion will be the example for what melee attacking pets will do whereas the baby dragon will be the example for what ranged pets will do.

Here’s a lion and its cub side by side

I think I might modify the baby lion a bit, it’s face looks a bit odd when its mouth opens.

3 Likes

Playing with the baby dragon a bit before I actually get to the in-game portion.

I added a little forward rotation to simulate what it’d look like if it was moving forward. With 1 cycle showing its idle flapping and the other showing its forward flapping

4 Likes

Latest of the works with the baby dragon, a firing animation!

I added a little push back when he fires to further show he’s just a wee baby.

4 Likes

Example of projectile shooting out.

5 Likes

interesting that you chose blue as the projectile color, is there a specific reason for that?

2 Likes

perhaps blue eyes = icedragon?

3 Likes

@Wiese2007 was right, it’s supposed to be an ice dragon.

3 Likes

#Today’s task
Getting this little guy in-game and following the player loosely(as in will try to stay within a certain distance of the player, and fly around idly if it’s within those ranges). Possibly the starts of Pet’s attacking behavior.

I got the starts of pet following AI. He will roam around the player and follow if you at a faster speed while walking.

Handling for edges in-game. Players may climb terrain(via jumping or some other method) which will eventually get pets trapped. I will likely do what many games do in that scenario and just teleport your pet to your location after you’ve roamed TOO far away.

Since simple following was relatively easy I’ve moved onto the harder part of the pet system… Having them attack the correct target.

I’m simply seeing how it looks when it attacks right now. His attacking animation looks good, but he clips through the ground. Will modify the actual animation and then work on the projectile firing.

And the basics are done! I finally got around to adding the new projectile type while I was doing it(since the pet’s projectile is of that type). Added the “Magic blast” type projectile(flies in straight path and explodes w/ particles when it hits terrain/enemies).

4 Likes

#Fire rate of a baby dragon?

• 1-2 seconds
  • 2-3 seconds
  • 3-4 seconds
  • 4+ seconds

0 voters

Anyone who voted, tell me if you still by your decision after seeing the pet actually shooting its attack

I think 2-3 seconds is just about right based on a singular pet. If in testing it is doing too much damage I would suggest a reduced damage amount over increased cast time just my personal preference. Now having varied levels of cast time vs. damage dealt may be a good theme for different dragon types. Such as a needle attacker (very fast but low damage) vs, a crusher (slow but high damage)

2 Likes

All ideas for pets expanding on dragon types and stuff I’ll keep in mind but it’ll be much later.

I plan to only have 2 pets in the game for the initial alpha 1.

Not that I don’t plan on adding more, but I want to have 2 fully working pets; the first being a melee land pet such as the baby lion and the flying ranged pet such as the baby dragon. With these initial pets to show as a concept/idea of what pets will be like in-game. As I get feedback on the state of the game, what people want to see more of, what things are broken I’ll work from there.

I have a general direction where I want to start when it comes to expanding the game, but I will take community feedback into account aswell.

2 Likes

I’m getting the stage where I’m actually recording snipbits of the game that’ll actually be in the trailer. So I’m going back and making sure a lot of features are still working(cause games brake suddenly sometimes). I realized while doing this that thrown weapons weren’t fully complete. They did not deduct the amount you had when thrown nor did they entirely unequip when you ran out(cause the first part) So I fixed that :smiley:

Also ignore the “Level requirement not met” message, I currently took out it actually requiring the level requirement to use stuff for easier testing.

4 Likes

Tell me what you think about the new set of armor, the black knight armor.

More importantly what you think of the Galea-style helmet with the hairlike tuff ontop.

2 Likes

Here’s the second variation of the helmet.

I did remember that the helmet has an option where the visor slides up and don and the first variation would have problems with that.

Added a 2h sword for the set

1 Like

Here’s another thing I’ve had left unfinished for quite some time.

To those of you crossbow fans, is this worth pursuing/spending time on? Or should I come back to it at a later point.

• Finish it!
  • Worry about it later
  • I don’t like crossbows

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m taking a 2nd look at the combat system of the game and I’m considering modifying it a bit to make it better.

Since the game is supposed to be a survival game with action-y third person combat I originally had the entire game hit-box based where landing attacks and all were dependant on physics. But to do that for each and every enemy it’ll be a bit of… a hassle? Requiring a lot of time setting up each enemy.

So I’m considering switching just the enemies to a… 100% accuracy-sort of system. Basically if an enemy begins an attack animation and you don’t necessarily get ‘hit’ by their attacks you’ll be hurt. I may still add a disance check or something so you can ‘backstep’ in a way, but other than that their attacks will be basically un-dodgable.

Now this sounds like a less… elaborate system and I may go back and change it in the future when the game is more complete and I don’t have “deadlines”(even though they’re set by myself) to meet.

• Action combat system with longer intervals between enemies added
  • Un-dodgable combat system with the ability to add more enemies a lot faster.
  • Mix between the two,(simple large hitboxes for attack ranges)

0 voters

Here’s my proposed solution to this.

Basic attacks for enemies will be the 100% accurate attacks with the chance to back step them or block them(shield).

Skills for enemies(when they’re in-game) will be skill attacks.