Aviex's Creations

First look at what I really want with the icons in-game.

Instead of writing out “Requires Grand master fishing” or whatnot I would prefer an icon that quickly tells the player what it requires.
So now at the bottom of the item you can see the border and the skill icon for the item.
Still a little hard to see and I will try to make it a little more visible.
The borders are pretty easy to tell apart and you will have a skill window that you can open that will tell you your skill levels along with the actual name of each 1 typed out.

Since I am at lvl 1 on all skills I cannot use most of the gear in inventory, although I can use the fishing rod because it requires Noob Fishing to use.

5 Likes

Sorry for the slow updates lately guys, been really busy with other things and haven’t had much time to put into this(like 20hrs a week instead of 40).

I am still coming up with new things for the game but just a lack of time to actual get started.

I do want to get all the attires for each tribe I plan to have in-game entirely complete before going through each skill in the skill system and getting it in-game(from actually using the skill, to getting experience from doing it).

Here’s the first draft of the male attire for the nomad tribe. The inspiration for it is Arabian/Middle Eastern in terms of attire of the time period.

I am also working to start my twitch channel that will be solely for the making of this game.
I have a friend who’s a relatively popular twitch streamer ‘showing me the ropes’ so to speak and I plan to set aside a schedule for when the live streams will be so that people can follow if they want and not have to worry about random streaming times.

4 Likes

I’m also playing with the idea of the whole fabric attached to a sword as you can see in the nomad’s picture.

Just seeing what it could look like animated and if it’s worth the effort.

5 Likes

Here’s the current versions of the nomad female and male attire. Obviously like all classes I have hats/helmets available for they will just be an item and not a forced base. The nomads live in the desert so you should expect to see traditional desert dweller attire, AKA face mask to keep sand out of your mouth/nose, and head scarves for females and possibly males to keep sand out of your hair.

Their shoes are also typical shoes of the historical region, where the are topless basically.

Nomads tribe will be rather unique, it’ll be set up in the style of a matriarchy. Think Sand Vipers in GoT. Although the men and women of the tribe will be relatively bad ass, the chief of the tribe will actually be a woman 100% of the time.
Some tribes might have a man as chief 100%, some might just be random.

5 Likes

Hey guys, one again sorry for the total ‘in the dark’ feeling there’s been lately.

I’ve actually been doing a lot of the business side of making your own indie game(finding someone to make music for the game, etc) and a lot less of the actual updating and developing of it.

Tho I have been thinking about what i want the actual skill menu to look like, where it is easy to understand and doesn’t take a whole lot of time to figure out what everything means.
Here is version 1 of the possible Skill Menu, It isn’t nearly what I would want as a finish product. I don’t know if I’ll keep it, or if i’ll just touch it up a lot. Most of my decisions will be based on how players receive it and think should be done. (UX)
There’d be #'s ontop of the experience bars to say how much actual experience you need to level up, or it might just be a ‘on mouse hover’ event so only those who really want to get the exact amount down.

The skills are color coded by what their role in-game is.

Melee, magic and ranged are used for defeating foes.

Woodcutting, mining, fishing, hunting, and capturing are used for gathering resources.

cooking, crafting, fletching, smithing, shipbuilding, apothecary and theurgy are used for making things.

6 Likes

I’m currently figuring out how/when I’m going to do my streaming on my twitch channel for the game so you can watch the process of developing it. I will keep you updated if any of you are interested in that sort of thing.

I’ll probably get on a weekly streaming schedule eventually.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, what are you opinions on how the twitch channel should be?

#What kind of stream?

[poll name=Stream-Type public=true]

• Development Streams(showing working in Unity, Qubicle, etc)
  • Gameplay Update streams(typical company streams for games)
  • Both
    [/poll].

#Optimal Stream Schedule

• Tri-weekly(Mon,Wed,Fri)
  • Bi-weekly(Thu, Sat)
  • Weekly(Fri/Sat)

0 voters

If I did both gameplay streams and development streams I could mix the schedule up based on them(like a weekly dev stream and weekly gameplay, or 2 dev streams 1 gameplay).

2 Likes

Haven’t been posting much lately, I’m actually currently out of town for 2 weeks, partially for work partially for family visit.

I do have a couple mock up logos that are just rough draft for the fonts.

If any of you want to give your opinions that’d be great. Also any minor tweaks that you think would make them even better/appropriate let me know.

#Preferred Logo

0 voters

2 Likes

#2 has a nice fantasy look, but #3 looks of course more jagged, but also has a bit of a retro look to me. It fits in with the voxel look better, I think.

2 Likes

I do agree, I’m looking at what each would look like colored and deciding between them.

I personally don’t like the first. I’ve been stuck between the 2nd and 3rd

Going to throw in my opinion that the first feels a bit too modern for the game you are making, and 3 feels very… Rock and Roll? So far, 2 gives me the best fantasy vibe.

The first feels like a military-themed game logo to me.

The second seems very fantasy(but also somewhat generic).

The third feels just “sharp” to me(similar to rock n roll logos).

I’m currently talking to the logo maker. Asked if I could get a middle ground between the 2 I’m debating, will update with results.

3 Likes

Here’s a modified version.

I personally like it better than the other 3.

6 Likes

I second that @Aviex looks really good.

Current variations of the logo

I just got home from vacation, expect to see some actual developments coming soon as I start to prepare the game to where I want it for the kickstarter. The goal is to have the systems set up for most of what I want in-game in before I do the kickstarter that way the majority of the remaining work is just content.

If I want pets, I want 1 pet in-game working, if I want fishing I better be able to catch 1 fish, if I want capturing I better be able to capture 1 creature. You get the point. Looking to get major progress done this week, I’ve spent the past 2 weeks planning.

4 Likes

Hey guys so I’ve decided what I’m doing for the mount/pet system.

I am splitting them up because it’s just going to be easier to implement that way.

#Mounts
Essentially, a player will be allowed to throw a bola and if the monster is large enough to ride there will be a chance of it succeeding and then the player can choose between “Kill”, “Tame”, or “Release”(they relatively explain what each does). If a player Tames a mount they will gain it in their inventory with an icon(probably of just the mount’s head + a whistle). A player will then be able to right click it and their character will proceed to do a whistling animation and their trusty steed will either come running off from the distance and a player can right click it to ride it,or if they walk a certain distance away their mount will run off to be used at a later point. If a player is either mounted or has a mount already summoned and they use another whistle they will unmount if mounted, their mount will run off and the newly summoned mount will come running up. I’ve decided to use this system to give more a feel of “realism”, that you’re not just holding 20 or so mounts in your inventory but only a whistle for each to call upon them. Also it’ll allow for a player to unmount to do any quick actions that may require them to be on foot and as long as they’re still relatively close to their mount they can just hop back on and carry on their way.

#Pets
Pets will be an entirely different system from mounts. I want pets to be a rarer object in-game, aswell as allow for some pets that aren’t creatures in-game to be added. For starters, I plan for all pets to be baby forms of larger creatures, why you might ask? Because babies are cute, and the pet system is to appeal to those who like the cute side of games. For basic pets I want them to be an obtainable drop whenever you kill a creature, although they would be relatively low. Generally when you kill something you will be given 2 options, looting its corpse for items and butchering it(with a high enough hunting skill) for even more items(generally parts of the creature; fur, teeth, etc). If you happen to be lucky enough you may get a pet to drop in the form of an egg(whether or not it makes sense IE; wolves and other mammals isn’t a concern). You will be able to take that egg and hatch it(how eggs will be hatched is still being discussed), once you hatch the egg you will get a pet. Pets will either give you a buff relative to what they are, or just simply help you fight. They will follow you around when they’re summoned and they may attack whatever you’re attacking(in priority). I will likely limit the player to one pet summoned, but I may have things in-game that will allow you to have more pets out at one time. Each pet’s egg color will be different and will likely be the icon for the pet in your inventory.

Here is an example of what an egg will look like. I plan to have 1-2 pets in-game and working soon enough and will work to add more in upcoming updates(probably after the first alpha is out).

#Egg designs
I am actually going to upload the base egg model, if anyone has any good ideas for egg designs feel free to share, if I do use them I will be sure to credit you(perhaps in the item description in-game).
BaseEgg.qb (8.5 KB)

4 Likes

Quick poll out of curiosity of what you guys think about the first pet i’ll be adding to the game.

#Baby Dragons method of movement

• Flying
  • Walking

0 voters

1 Like

Can you add a third field? Waddling :wink:

2 Likes

I’m actually just going to make up 2 models, 1 more raptor-like walking baby dragon and the other will be flying with its tiny wings.

1 Like

Flying Dragon idle flying(would be touched up a bit, only the wings/tail move atm)

Here’s it compared to a player.

Here’s some cute poses of a dragon on top the guy’s head… Cause why not?

6 Likes