Aviex's Creations

Yeah, i might go and make the fingers move a little so that doesn’t happen, i just wanted to try it and see how it looks in te long run(in other words, see if i get sick of it)

Your animations are correct, but lets just say… It’s running the opposite way?

Try flipping it over so it moves like yours is played backwards,

2 Likes

You could try moving the fingers similarly but moving them up towards to hand at the same time. To prevent the big gaps between objects.

That’s what I do at least for any major gaps, the tiny 1’s like you can see in the fish are fine to my eyes.

Still looks great btw, just not sure why the hands(I’m assuming) look… octupus-like.

Exactly, i did it with other anims, and probably gonna continue on it

The hands are suppose to show the little ‘push’ you do with your hands when you’re trying to hover in the water

I figured that, should make the hands do more of the push rather than the fingers though.

Sec lemme try to do what I mean

@Hyrule_Symbol
Wouldn’t this be more accurate to treading water? The entire movement is all in your arms, since they don’t have arms, it should be in their hands…

1 Like

You’d want your hands already spread all the way at the down stroke, and gather them a when you’re pulling up, since you wouldn’t want to move downwards again after trying to move up

And octopus is a very good example, and an acurate one

1 Like

So… I like Aviexx’s hands better, but Hyrule has the better fish movement. Now send each other your models and make them better :smile:

Is it because the anim’s motion or the fact that my anim’s have fingers that are chopped off?

Was a quickly done thing. Here’s a more realistic version.

Hyrule is an amazing voxel artist, I don’t know how much I could help him.

This is the first animation I’ve seen from him, and it’s perfect other than the hands that make me shudder so i thought I’d give him my opinion. :laughing:

Because they are chopped off. Looks horrible imo.

It’s not bad, i’d say it’s good, and would gladly use it if it was one of my options against making it myself

What i want to emphasize is the visualization of momentum and force, your animation has a decent motion, but imagine duing that motion yourself inside water

Really, try it in real life, that’s your biggest data when animating, how ‘you’ would move, Every part of your body is the data for how your object moves

The movement of a bird is very efficient and effective, carrying max force in the down stroke and minimum in upstroke, meaning maximum horizontal surface at the down and minimum at the up, this naturally leads to a somewhat ocpopus-like motion, of course the birds wing doesn’t look like that as it’s super fast, and has less curving points than an octopus, But,
harpy

If you imagined having 8of those wings, you can imagine it looking a little like an ocpopusC but the momentum and force feeling exactly the same

Are we talking about the chopped fingeres? If that was the case, i’m wasting my time explaining this

'Cause, well, i’m gonna fix that part

2 Likes

The whole ‘what you do in life’ is what I was saying to begin with.

Your animation looks like they’re lifting their hands from their sides and ‘flapping’ them in the water that way.
Now I might be treading water wrong, but when I do it the motions all in my shoulders/arms not my wrists.
But since rotation shoulders upwards looks like shit you’d just want to rotate on the Z-axis.

I’m trying to show the motion on the left where it’d be the equivalent of rotatng at the shoulders.
Yours appears to be doing this motion on the right where it’s the equivalent of just moving your wrists.

(Click the image, discourse doesnmt seem to want to show the whole thing)

While you are definitely right at that she doesn’t have ‘swing’ of a swimming stroke, but she also has as big fish tail, she wouldn’t need that much force to keep herself up(so making it too forceful would make it look like she should go up, not hover), just enough to balance her, but you are right she does lak the movement, but it’s okay for me and the creature that she is

What i think is missing in your animation is the upper part of the drawing, where the hand and arm gathers up to form as little surface as possible, and mostly getting vertial in shape, and the hand is a little off sync with the arm position, it looks like it’s ‘actually’ floating

Still good though

1 Like

It’s not an animation I intend to use, just a quickly done mock of what I was trying to say :stuck_out_tongue:.

Though there will be swimming eventually in my game I’ll spend a lot of more time on it when it comes to it.

Yeah, i guess you wouldn’t make a fully fledged animation just to demonstrate, i hope you can pull it off when time comes!

It’s definitely one of the more difficult animaions I made

well, mostly because of the tail

The most difficult animations I’ve made were probably the dragon flying animations(A tail and wings to worry about!) Though I benched that for the time being, I’ll probably revisit it eventually.

Apply the same logic i gave you, and wings will be suuper easy!

Well tails… They’re just a pain, really

Oh the wings weren’t hard, the hardest part was the transitioning the dragon from walking to flying.
To get that folding effect that wings would do.
Here’s the current flying animation, there’s changes to be made, but queen dragon’s been pushed to a lower priority.
(the little up-kick in the tail is probably a major thing that needs to be changed)

1 Like

Looks great!, transition animations are super difficult, i tried the harpy transitioning to land(landing)

I gave up, wasn’t necessary anyways, but it was a pain to try