Aviex's Creations

I can totally see that now.

I was using brighter colors that were typically worn by richer people in the old ages(before dyed clothes of all colors were accessible to the common folk). As well as long flow-ier robes.

Looks much better in game in my opinion

3 Likes

Working on the map generation and setting up things to make the game run at higher FPS right now.
Idk if the world size is the problem, but after walking around for like 5mins in-game that’s the land i ‘discovered’(revealed on the map)
the squares are towns the bottom left is where i started

2 Likes

World looks massive.
(this is only 2 biomes… of the 16,384 in the map…

1 Like

Working on the less sexy side of making a game… technical programming stuff.
Since I recently added the world randomly generating I now have to save out all that information for next time you play. Whereas when you making a new game it generates the level. Shouldn’t take too long, I’m currently only saving:Player information, some world information(time etc) and now map information(biomes, positions, etc). I don’t think I’ll save enemy information or trees. I plan to have the only place you can save the game be safely inside the towns. So I won’t have to worry about someone saving right before they die and then the enemy is gone when they load. I also plan it to be a ‘sleeping’ style save system. So you can stay in a town for the night and save while there, if you load the game next time though it’ll be morning and you’ll be kicked back out of town.

1 Like

Loaded a save game twice.
Looks like the world is the same, towns are definitely the same in both.

6 Likes

I’m currently working on making the tundra biome but I’m looking for some opinions

• Relatively Flat
  • Hilly
  • RelativelyFlat with some mounds
  • Other(comment Below)

0 voters

Current example

Flat with mounds

1 Like

Playing around with lighting after throwing in the snow biome. Not steep enough mounts.

2 Likes

Lemme know if you guys have any opinions on the day-night cycle lgihting. In-game currently the day is split into 4 parts.
Sunrise is 4hrs long.from 7-11.
Midday is 6hrs long from 11-17
Sunset is 3hrs long from 17-20
Night is 11hrs long from 20-7

I’ma modify it a bit more, to make it stay a certain light for a brief period of time.

Changed the sky now

1 Like

Fixed the moon that strangely disappeared sometime in the past updates.

I need to fixed the camera next… at a point it goes through the ground which isn’t gonna pass.

3 Likes

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my brief attempts at game development, it’s that good cameras are hard to program. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Oh you should seem the camera set-up on my last project…

It’s the more features you have in your camera the more problems it will come up.

The zooming? More problems to deal with, The looking? more problems.

2 Likes

I think this looks… better
Slowly moving the camera so you can get out of clipping.

Also only checks for clipping against the ground. The only object that could really mess up your clipping would be a building, but i might do an alternate solution for being indoors.

1 Like

The emptiness of the Tundra is scary. Nothing but snow and occasionaly rocks for days.

3 Likes

I spent 3hrs last night fixing a problem with the game not spawning resources(ores, trees, etc) and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out the problem. I made 1 change thinking it could be it and it was it, but i’m still left clueless as to what was wrong.

This made me notice something strange/funny. Programming side of the game is relatively quick to put in stuff but fixing things can take forever. Art side of the game is a relatively longer process creating things for the first time but modifying them later is usually pretty quick. Not sure if it’s because I’m a programmer by trade and not an artist or what but its a neat observation.

1 Like

My friend helping me out on the game thinks I should make the moon more realistic? I don’t really care so here’s the first attempt at a realistic looking moon

third attempt at a realistic looking moon

3 Likes

I’m trying to deal with how the players will navigate amongst rough terrain and i once again would like your guys’ opinion.

• They must walk up slopes/jump their way up mountains/hills
  • They can build ladders that will allow them to climb up vertical surfaces
  • They can climb up walls(it could consume their energy gauge or something)
  • Other(comment idea below)

0 voters

Generally, if you create randomly generated worlds, you will have to allow the player tow walk/jump up very steep terrain, otjerwise it is too easy to break the game. (By the player perhaps getting stuck, for example)

I’m not saying making terrain that in unacessable entirely. I mean if there’s a mountain or whatever what’s the method of ‘climbing’ that should be in the game. Whether it be straight up having to find a way up(either by jumping or walking around) or placing ladders to get up or the ability to literally climb up the walls.