Aviex's Creations

kinda like stonehearth’s for the character creation section, I mean the player can still choose theirs but if your lazy (like me) then a random name button would be cool. If that makes sense.

Also the tribes look amazing! Can’t wait to see where this gets!

So like a list of names that it will just pull one from.

Sure I could do that, the main reason I didn’t is because this is just one character, whereas in stonehearth you have a city of them.

I do plan to have NPC’s names from a list that is dependent on their tribe already but there’s many many many things that will be dependent on tribes. I made a little paragraph with some information in the patch notes on my other post.

3 Likes

If anyone is interested, I’d love some ideas for city-layouts for each tribe.

Any form of idea works, whether its a city layout you made in StoneHearth, a picture of a city, or a city model made in qubicle/other voxel modeling programs.

I have many ideas atm for cities but any and all inspiration could be helpful :slight_smile:

I added generated terrain. Although the terrain isn’t actually generated, there’s just multiple variations of a biome that it will pick from and rotate randomly at 0-90-180-270 degrees.
Atm I only have forest biome in-game. But it does randomly spawn towns in the biome at a set distance away from other towns of the same type.

I am going to work on adding in a couple other biomes this week and then work on more towns this weekend, along with tribes to match those towns. I’d say the Woodsmen Tribe are the most ‘completed’ of all atm, with their biome in-game and working, their town gates set-up, and their models all done.

for an idea for the islander tribe villages, maybe Kilika from Final Fantasy 10 might be of some inspiration. Hopefully the images on this page give you a rough idea Kilika Port | Final Fantasy Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia or island village - Google Search

So like Bora-bora style above water bungalows?

2 Likes

yes something like that

I’ll see what I can do. Once I have the biomes sorted out I’ll be able to figure out what towns would look good ontop them.

Here’s the current Biomes I have planned for the game in order of their id’s(which will be very important later)

Ocean-0

• Home to the tribeless(You will spawn adrift in your boat)
  • Monsters: Seacreatures
  • Trees:Seaweed

Coast-1

• Home to the Merchants Union
  • Monsters: TBD
  • Trees: Palm

Desert-2

• Home to the Nomads
  • Monsters: Desert creatures
  • Trees: Cactus

Plains-3

• Home to the Plainsdwellers
  • Monsters: Plains Creatures
  • Trees: Shrubs/Scarce Deciduous Trees

Forest-4

• Home to the Woodsmen
  • Monsters: Children of the Forest, other forest creatures
  • Trees: Decidous Trees, Scarce Pine Trees

Hills-5

• Home to the Unnamed Tribe
  • Trees: Scarce Decidous Trees, Pine Trees

Wasteland-6

• Trees: None

Tundra-7

• Trees: None

Mountains-8

• Home to the Dragoons
  • Trees: Scarce Pine Trees

Island-9

• Home to the Islanders
  • Trees: Palm Trees, Shrubs
2 Likes

I might need a loading screen…
Though this is a map of 128x128 biomes.
I wanted to make it expand from an origin rather than it going left to right creating so biomes resemble their neighbors more closely.

EDIT: I figured out that the tree spawners in all those biomes were the culprit to the giant slow-down.
I might have to make trees chill on spawning when you’re nowhere near them.

1 Like

Much faster.
The towns take a while to spawn because they’re set to delay(to make sure the whole map is made first)

4 Likes

Working on a lot of things here and there. Currrently making another tribe outfit, for the tribe that will live in the Tundra. Their boots have spikes on them, they’re champions at trekking through the snow.

4 Likes

Current Logos/“Coat of Arms” for tribes

Tribeless

Unnamed Tundra Tribe

Islander Tribe

Woodsmen Tribe

4 Likes

Re-did a bit of the creation screen.
Planning to make the background behind the player the biome their tribe lives in.

Finished the female’s body and legs for the Tundra Tribe

4 Likes

Working on the latest tribe which is the Merchant Union. They’re less of a tribe and more of a collection of people out to make some money. There are tribe-like benefits for being one of them, although they are relatvely neutral in wars and affairs of other tribes.

2 Likes

Here’s my first-go at the merchant union male attire(hat optional)

3 Likes

Managed to get the female variation done just before I have to go out :smiley:
Will probably modify it a bit later

4 Likes

The hats are a bit much for me, but I really like the rest of the outfit.

The hats probably going to change.
And the angle I took the picture at is really bad

I was going for a feathered hat look… But I don’t know a better way to do it.

Honestly, they look like chinese people celebrating new year.