Aviex's Creations

How do you feel about this Ice Dragon variation/skin perhaps?

I did think of the caped warriors as a standard “Dragon Knight” and perhaps the winged one as the “Dragon Lord”

2 Likes

i love it! perhaps you could try making lightning and earth versions as well?

Perhaps. I made an ice version of the general aswell!
It was half inverting the old color scheme and then adjusting some colors that just looked… plain bad.

4 Likes

I decided to have fun with the ice variation of the Duke of Dragons and with me being so busy with life at the moment I only made a sword to show this past week.
It’s made to stick with the theme of recent art which is… Winter
Oh yeah, Winter Is Coming :wink:

4 Likes

I haven’t really posted here for a while, I’ve been busy with many things lately like recently graduating college and finding a job.

But I did use some of the models made here in a prototype for a game. I basically made a rig for them and did animation tests on them.(which is a big deal for me… I’m not an artist or an animator)
Here’s a couple still frames of how they look not rigid.

9 Likes

I actually was playing around with my old project tonight and wondering if it could be used for anything.
Afterall I spent so many hours on it…

Me wondering what to do
http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/db/d5/dbd57bcbb3fff7245025a39061012200.png

If I come up with anything, i’ll update on this thread,
Might be neat playing as some of these characters in a 3rd person perspective.

6 Likes

3rd person perspective with a base character model just for animations sakes.

Jumping, walking, running, slashing, and falling animations were made by me.

9 Likes

Super cool man, animation is tough stuff.

1 Like

Love your work :smiley: keep it up :smiley:

I’ve been programming for about 7 years now and I’ve never liked the art side of it all.
But it was relatively easy with the pivots, just annoying to get it to look ‘just right’

So I decided to move away from using the stonehearth models(for many reasons) and took another look at the my Dragoon model(who is structured differently, existent legs, etc) also for a less Chibi feeling.

I had combat working the other night, but since the model is really different I’ll have to re-do all the animations.

Combat working before

But I did spend a couple hours today getting the starts of an ‘inventory system’ basically where you can swap out armors/weapons/hats/ hairs.

5 Likes

Got the dual wielding mechanic with melee weapons to work(for now).
Now uses a mixture of attacks(left->right->double) if you’re dual wielding, and only the appropriate hand if you’re not.
Weapon swapping includes an empty space for no weapon.

5 Likes

Looking awesome man :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @TurtleSquish!

Got around to finishing walking/running animations.

Got them mixing with the attacking animations though attacking is still wonky(when holding down attack button it attacks once then waits a few secs to continuously attack)

4 Likes

Today’s been a super productive day…
Jumping/falling animations
Who doesn’t like a nice flowey cape?

5 Likes

Your just crankin em out. Let’s hear it for @Aviex!

3 Likes

Taking full advantage of the couple days I have off work :slight_smile:

Time to spend a couple hours in Qubicle… Need more weapons, armor, capes, mobs… pretty much everything

3 Likes

So I got a start of a 'standard weapon set’
Basically all steel weapons at the moment.
The special weapons will be rare drops from special mobs (possibly a Dragon I have gathering dust in a folder @8BitCrab ;))

4 Likes

Monsters and Dragons, Oh My!

Got a new target to beat up.

Finished rigging him and set up an Idle pose for now.

4 Likes

So modified the dragon even more cause it looked TOO much like the original artwork(a mod a friend of mine made for Trove) and also re-did its rig cause some of the wing and body movements weren’t good when I tried a walking animation.

I’ll probably re-color eventually but that’s easy, getting it to look good when animated is the more difficult part.

Man vs Dragon who will win? (Attacking and walking coming soon)

5 Likes