Atralane's Antics (7/22/2016): Argo Tonitruous!

Okay, everyone. So this is a very, very…VERY stupid question for someone like myself to be asking at this point on the Discourse, but…

Where and how do I provide the save files for these builds? I’ve legitimately never looked into it, and a few people have suggested it through my builds history. I figure I might want to get on that…

If you’re using steam, go to C: > Program Files > Steam > SteamApps > common > Stonehearth > saved_games or saved_objects if you have the buildings saved as templates.

If you’re using the direct download, hit the Windows key + R, type in %localappdata% and click ok, go to stonehearth and I believe it’s the same from there. I’m not sure about that one as I use steam instead of the direct download.

2 Likes

Actually, I mean where I should put those saved files–I use Steam and know how to access the local files. I’m a bit fledgling when it comes to file sharing online.

2 Likes

Ah, well you can copy and upload them to a file sharing site, such as dropbox, and put the download link here. People can then click on and download said file and attach it to their folder.

2 Likes

yep, as @Dracorexion said, most people on the discourse use dropbox or google drive, for sharing stuff.

I’ll have to look into it in the future. This particular project got a little glitchy, so there’s not one true save where everything’s as I want it… I like to be more thorough with my work.

If someone reeaaally wants Rose Town, though, I’ll see if can get one to a state closer to the Overview mode (with all the roofs finished, too). Again, this was just a mini-project, so it’s more just for fun.

3 Likes

Pre-Alpha 11

Update Time!

This time, I figured I’d show my entry for @Sandwitch’s “Create a World in 80 Days” contest, Fasadd (Façade) Village!

Dilapidated Residencies and Crafters’ Shops (Plus Watchtower behind)

Growing Fields, Food Storage, and Eating Hall

The concept I went with for the build was to create as much of a new “world” by scratch, so I actually went ahead and built even the cliffs you see–everything is set in a plains biome, around one of those low dirt recesses. By using various colors of wood and stone, I was able to imitate dirt, rock, and even dry, dead grass around the buildings; it’s sort of like a giant movie set!

The scaffolding started to get ridiculous near the end! Unfortunately, by the end of the second month, the pathfinder and lua called it quits on me. Just traversing from one end of the town to the other was becoming nearly impossible for the settlers, at least in any sort of hurry with the pathfinder. I also started needing to directly guide the settlers using Parties to their food, or else I’d worry they’d just stand there and starve themselves! Those improvements Chris mentioned earlier this week are sure going to be welcome!

Anyway, that’s about it for this time. Really, the goal this time around wasn’t so much a massive build, but rather an exploration into this large-scale terraforming concept. Overall, I’d say it’s got some potential (minus some minor noticeable color discrepancy)! I’d like to do more terraforming projects once the engine is improved more, so expect something in the future (hopefully!). See you all later!

3 Likes

Really brought the theme of the contest to life! This is a great build, especially for having to do a lot of teraforming!

2 Likes

Here’s a little sneak at the beginnings of the next project…

4 Likes

hmm… its got an interesting curve in the front… looks like the bow of a ship…

3 Likes

Agreed… Maybe a flying airship like the ones in Final Fantasy 2/4?

1 Like

It’s floating, both sides mostly match, defently going with @8BitCrab suggestion

1 Like

NO! I take that back its…

the DEATHSTAR

1 Like

shaped more like a star destroyer then the deathstar… but hey, who am i to argue against a death star? :wink:

1 Like

it was a joke, just a joke, it shaped nothing like a Deathstar

2 Likes

Spoiler Alert:

It’s a very artistically-creative version of the Death Star.

5 Likes

Well, I might have to put the next project on the backburner for now–seems like there was an error in the design phase, and there’s some mysterious voxel I can’t seem to find that’s holding up the building (not simply a voxel I need to place additional ladders to get to, I mean).

Since we’re going into a new week, I’m going to wait and see if the Team have a new update coming up soon to try and avoid the build getting wiped. I’ve got blueprints saved, so I’m planning to redo it later on.

In the meantime, might I be arrogant enough to suggest checking out the previous projects up to this point in the meantime? The construction mechanics have sure come a long way! And of course, suggestions for builds are always welcome, so let me know if there’s anything particular you’d like to see (or see attempted, at least!).

3 Likes

Maybe you could do another mock up, but, since we’re on the topic of airships, could this mockup be a similar/replica (An exact replica would be pretty much impossible.) of baron? Ya know, the castle/town from final fantasy 2/4?

1 Like

Well, I haven’t played FFIV yet (I do have it, I found the DS version), and FFII… well, I can’t say I really enjoyed it that much–I thought I and III were much more enjoyable for me. So I’m a little unfamiliar with it at the moment!

Which version were you considering? I see some pretty amazing artworks of the castle when searching for images, but I don’t know if there’s a difference between the games. The castle might be something cool to attempt with the new pathfinder upgrade planned for Alpha 12.

1 Like

What I actually meant, was the castle baron from FF2. The remake on the GBA is called FF4