Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

OK, good to know. I’ll take a stab at it once I’m further along. (And now I really must stop with the chitchat - I have a village that needs tending…)

They changed recently the spawning distance because people were getting their towns crushed by the goblin camps. Not sure about the undead, but it shouldn’t take much time to find it in the code :smile:

I’m tempted to say “That’s cheating.” But that’s only because my programming “skills” are light-years from mediocre. But yes, that would be the best way to get definitive info. What language is it in? (Please say Easily interpreted pseudocode, please say Easily interpreted pseudocode.)

the code? its done in LUA if im not mistaken/

It’s either in Lua or in JSON :wink:

1 Like

I’ll have a look. With fingers crossed hoping for extensive commenting…

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there isn’t any commenting. IIRC, @sdee mentioned there’d be comments once the code stopped changing as rapidly.

just wondering i looked but didn’t see anyone ask i bet some one did but so many comments to sift through. when will we get save back?

hey there @GreenDragon … can you clarify? there is are auto-save and manual save options in place… unless I misunderstood?

@SteveAdamo i believe @GreenDragon meant save compatibility from alpha to alpha.

if thats the case, im sorry to say that wont be until beta.

1 Like

no i mean save function in alpha 10.5 i haven’t had a save function after 10 rolled out. i play tell I’m dieing for a crash because i cant just quit. i get auto updates from steam

well… that’s odd…

I would suggest possibly deleting the entire Stonehearth steam folder, and redownloading/reinstalling the client:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stonehearth
2 Likes

on the start screen, do you use the “load save” or the “continue” option?

no only start new and quick start options and i don’t see any of the wolfs people talk about or just undead and goblins.

the wolfs come later in the game, when you have a higher net worth, and after you defeat the first goblin camp if im not mistaken. i myself have only had the goblin wolf camp quest happen in one game so far.

ok well i will delete and reinstall and see what happens

1 Like

that did can save again :smiley:

thanks all :smiley: now back to the game

5 Likes

brilliant… have fun! :smile: :+1:

1 Like

Three questions:

1. How many Alpha releases do you guys at Radiant estimate there will be until Beta.

2. Same as above except with Beta releases and approximation until release.

3. Do you guys have an approximate release date?

Cheers.

welcome to the discourse @StormiestSH :smile:

im not certain about this one, but i dont think they know.

[quote=“StormiestSH, post:388, topic:5475”]
Same as above except with Beta releases and approximation until release.
[/quote]i dont think they know yet, and probably wont know until they have finished alpha.

[quote=“StormiestSH, post:388, topic:5475”]
Do you guys have an approximate release date?
[/quote]nope TR doesnt have an estimated release date.

i guess i might as well just page @sdee to get her input.

2 Likes