Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

I kinda just noticed the official Alpha 10 was said to be released on the main Stonehearth page a few days ago. And he showed the multi-story tools off but mentioned no intended plans to reach the 2nd, 3rd and so on floors. Seeing as currently it is quite a pain to get in and add staircases to a building that already has a second floor set, is there any plan for future implementation of a staircase tool or anything? Sure anything is possible with slabs, and I have experimented myself with 8+ story towers with spiraling staircases but there seems to be no ‘easy’ way to do something like this without massively planning ahead when it comes to stair placement before placing the next floor.
Just curious.
Aviex

2 Likes

So, when Stonehearth was on Kickstarter, me and my brother got the $45 backer tier. To get the puppy, you need the $50 backer tier. I was wondering if once pets are in the game if there is any way to just get one of the pets through some sort of dlc. Just wondering! Thanks!

will we be seeing any of these kinds of roof designs soon?
what about different kinds of doors, for example gates?

2 Likes

To be fair, slabs allow for most of those.

[quote=“Bberger789, post:350, topic:5475”]
what about different kinds of doors, for example gates?
[/quote]I imagine we’ll see some further down the road (engineer, perhaps?), but for now there may be mods.

2 Likes

i think you should check this thread out :wink:

1 Like

Hey guys, been in a general hiatus but drifted here again recently…

I left around Alpha 6, what’s happened since then? I just need a general heads up so I won’t be overwhelmed when I open up Stonhearth on Steam :smile:!

Goblin campaigns, water, multiple stories integrated into the building editor… mason, blacksmith… carrots… different slab colors, a few UI overhauls (most of which you wouldn’t see anymore)… traveling shops… more names… and probably a lot more that I don’t remember.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s really neat! It’s like I’m coming from the Stone Age. Can’t wait to play around with Stonehearth now :smiley:! Thanks!

4 Likes

Beyond it happening at night, have the specifics of the spawn mechanism been either posted or worked out by the community? For instance, I notice I get enemy spawns at lover levels when mining, even with a light source nearby, but not on ground level. So do we, for instance, know at what level of depth spawning is possible? Is it affected (at all) by light, or the proximity of some other objects? (etc. etc. - any knowledge on the topic would be gratefully accepted.)

which type of monster are you talking about here?

because of this im going to say, undead, yes?

Well, anything you know about enemy spawns, really. But yes, undead would be a useful start. Can they spawn within village borders? If not, how does the game define the borders, etc.

I’m thinking both regarding mining, and securing the village from spawns in the mine, as well as safe(ish) expansion in the world. E.g. if one encloses an area behind stone walls, puts up lights, and other some such, will it stop undead et al. from spawning there?

well im just learning the ropes of the code, but to my knowledge the “border” of you town is the where the fog of war starts, so anything that isnt in the fog of war is within your “borders”, but this may have changed though.

1 Like

Ok, many thanks! Concludes with random text to meet reply length requirements…

1 Like

no problem :smile:

but i will say this again, i might have been wrong, as i havent been able to play the game for the last while, so it might have changed since i last played.

1 Like

Well, now I have a working hypothesis ^^

Where is the best place to add observations/speculations on things like this - the Wiki?

1 Like

If you want feedback, you can simply make a thread here with your questions, under the “Gameplay” category.

1 Like

Right. I was thinking once we are fairly certain about e.g. the spawn mechanics, there could be others that are interested in knowing about them as well. But discussion here, then wiki when confirmed seems like a good way to go.

2 Likes

i thought the wiki was dead…

Unacceptable! Once I have logged enough Stonehearth hours, it seems I will have a new project :wink:

2 Likes

that would be great! as to my knowledge it hasnt been updated for quite some time now. in fact, its not even linked to on Stonehearth.net