Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

Alpha 9!!

:fireworks: :fireworks: :tada: :tada: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :boom: :boom:

3 Likes

The :icecream: was the best I could find as discourse doesn’t include emoticons in quotes because… idk. Also, emoticons don’t even display in spoilers.

That wasn’t a question!!!

So, when can we expect to see borderless windows? :stuck_out_tongue:

So wait, we’re technically starting in the Stonehearth equivalent of February?

I’m afraid to see what “summer” is like like when it rolls around.

Assuming Stonehearth’s months start in winter like ours. Who can say?

1 Like

so im wonding once you take out the goblin camp do anymore spawn becuse it been a wile and iv only seen one

Do anyone knows where can the pickaxe be crafted? It sais that by the blacksmith, but I cannot see it in the blacksmith catalog.

Has it been implemented yet?

1 Like

these are not required to be crafted (at the moment), as you can simply drag out an area to be mined, and your hearthlings will happily go about mining said area with magically generated pickaxes! :smile: :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, but in game it says that with the pickaxe hearthlings can dig faster than without it.

I think it is perfectly fine that you don’t need the pickaxe when you start the game, but I thought, when I saw the miner job, that it would be something like a job update so hearthlings can earn experience while mining and deploy better mining atributes.

1 Like

Yeah, the tech tree always seems to be fleshed out a few steps of where it is coded.

2 Likes

Your standard workers have a special half pick/half axe tool (seriously, go look at their character sheet). The craftable pick is for the mining class, which has not been implemented yet, which is why you can’t craft the talisman.

3 Likes

So the goblins scale their attacks on your net wealth and hearthling count right? Well, could there be a timer implemented because I just started a world and was mining and farming so I acquired hearthlings everyday, then when the attack came it was a goblin attack of 40 goblins. It generally scared me…

3 Likes

Has anyone seen a second Goblin base happen after destroying the first? It spawned very close to my home camp in my first game in the Alpha, so I decided to try to buy them off to delay. It didn’t work (forgot to screen shot the bug) when I hit “give” so I just changed my mind to “no” and that worked perfectly. Goblins attacked, but I’d had time to make two footmen and arm them with stone mauls. That beat the attackers. Just for good measure, I sent everyone to their base asap and destroyed everything.

That was by day 5. I haven’t seen a goblin since. You’d think they might build ladders or something now that I cleared them off my plateau. I haven’t even seen them have a base on another one.

I miss having them drop totems to put up as a warning to the rest.

4 Likes

They don’t currently re-spawn after the first base. Working on it!

2 Likes

if anyone need a fix - i have post one in this topic (just set a new trigger to loop the campaign - not perfect but it works :P) : After killing the Goblin Chief, can we still get a stream of rogue goblins?

1 Like

How often does a new Alpha and dev builds come out?

Not sure if there is really a set schedule - we get them when we get them, when there is something to push. Recently that has been quite frequently with an updated dev build or two a week, but that’s not set in stone and will always depend on what is being worked on.

6 Likes

They have been trying to release an alpha every month.

There is a bug where some 64bit computers can not even open the game… I have been trying to see what the problem was but I don’t want to mess anything up so. Please fix this.

If you wanna know what my profile picture is… it’s a wolf that I put armor on with qubicle. :sunglasses:

well… welcome aboard, and nice avatar! :smile: :+1:

2 Likes