Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

given how little we know about Radient’s intentions for water (other than its use for crop irrigation), I would say “anything is possible!” … :smile:

2 Likes

are armor and helmets going to be separately crafted? or will they all fall under armor, will there be gauntlets and pauldrons and boots and the works?

5 Likes

I think ideally they should go together with the rest of the armor. If not, you risk that they pick an unmatching piece of armor and look like a puzzle (which does not have to be bad). This wouldn’t really be a problem, the different pieces could have different bonuses, etc. but the current UI supports only one armor slot.

And first of all they have to decide on how to implement helmets that look good in all the hair types for male and female :expressionless: or a solution to the clipping problems that arise.

1 Like

very early on, we had the concept image showing equipment slots (I can probably dig that up)… but at this point, I’m perfectly happy with the equipment system, at least in regards to armor sets…

5 Likes

i was just wondering because it extends gameplay by having to craft more individually

oh, don’t get me wrong… I absolutely agree wih you there! I’m just stating that if the current armor sets stay as they are, that I wouldn’t be crushed… :wink:

1 Like

But @SteveAdamo, what am I supposed to do in the late game if I can’t doll up my miners in the most adorable outfits possible?

Joking aside (although controlling to some extent what people wear would be cool and might fit into Stonehearth, all the same, I need to stop watching Tomodachi Life videos) it would be nice to have many different options for armor. For immersion purposes, I can pretend that goblins across the lands know what my soldiers looks like, and are terrified. For social purposes, I could share what my military uniform looks like on the Discourse, almost more like a marching band than an army, For gameplay purposes, I could tune my military’s capabilities to my preferred playstyles.

because my OCD always gets the last word… :smile:

2 Likes

it would be great to have some way to prioritize tasks for the workers. building that protective gate might be more important than placing comfy beds.

also decided to demote my shepard as i kept finding him/her cowering in the opposite end of the map and eventually dying. possibly being able to set restrictions for wandering, or paths? also to set paths for footmen or the ability to guard workers who have been tasked with chopping wood outside city gates!

6 Likes

I second both the ability to set priority for tasks and setting a patrol route for your footmen. I found that my workers were constantly prioritizing the latest instruction over everything else, which actually resulted in the very first building I set never getting completed (probably my own fault for trying to keep everyone busy and minimizing idlers). I also had a problem where my footmen were wandering about at one end of my village and goblins were stealing things from the far end where I had to draft my other workers as a spontaneous militia to stop them. An ability to set priority and patrol routes/areas would definitely help.

4 Likes

Will Stonehearth be cheaper/discounted any time soon? I’d like to play in the alpha but $30 to play seems a little steep right now; Also what will the full price of the game be once it’s released?

1 Like

Is there a way to change the mining size from 4x4 (to make it smaller) or is it stuck that way?

Stuck that way for now. Radiant seems to like it that way, but who knows, they may change it.

hey there @DuskAera … welcome aboard! :smile:

I don’t think we’ve heard any official chatter on the retail price (someone correct me if I’m wrong)… for what its worth, that time is a fair ways off, so the current alphas (and eventual betas) will be even more refined as the months progress…

the $30 investment will be money well spent… :wink:

2 Likes

@Autistic_Dictator - We are planning to have a landscaping tool that will allow hearthlings to remove 1x1 blocks of terrain.

6 Likes

so quick one, by what alpha should we expect the ability to remove buildings that have been completed? and will we ever be able to fill in holes after they’ve been dug out

1 Like

Likely not until at least Alpha 10 or 11–Alpha 9 is supposedly going to focus on continuing to expand the combat system (introducing ranged warfare), possibly structural damage (maybe? Likely not). After this, it sounds like they’re going to address construction and landscaping content more.

1 Like

Not an A7, but when will we see the 64-bit version of SH?

2 Likes

I’d be interested to find out that answer too. Also, when will we see more optimizations? I’m used to getting 60 - 100 fps on Minecraft with full graphics settings and 12 chunk render distance, so I believe my computer is decent. But I can’t pull any more than 20 fps out of Stonehearth, with both shadows and antialiasing set to “A Little More” and the draw distance set to 900. Is there anything I can do to improve my performance, and when will the game be better optimized?

When are we going to get creatures that are of more danger to the hearthlings than goblins, Goblins are more of a pest than anything else as long as you have just 2 Footmen.

Game too easy, needs to be harder :3