2 bugs at the same time - "Assertion Failed!" & "Bad Unit Transition"

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:277: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:277: in function ‘create_edge_loop_for_wall’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:308: in function ‘calculate_roof_shape_around_walls’
…h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:48: in function ‘_compute_roof_region’
…h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:31: in function ‘_filter_fn’
…earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:52: in function ‘_get_selected_entity’
…earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:70: in function ‘_on_mouse_event’
…earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:80: in function ‘_mouse_cb’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.luac:26: in function ‘_dispatch’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:14: in function ‘_dispatch_input’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1>

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition “start_thinking” from “finished” in action fill the backpack with ground items
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.luac:32: in function <radiant/modules/common.luac:32>
[C]: in function ‘error’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function ‘_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function ‘_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:217: in function ‘_do_slow_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:275: in function ‘_fn’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:32: in function ‘fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function ‘increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function ‘self’
radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

My Hearthlings were picking up and dropping wood in random places. Other items too but mostly wood. I don’t mind if this gets merged somewhere.

ID that it said to add is: ec68b120-6d09-11e5-85cd-64d4da6ab43a

Hey again @Hush564. I am going to page @Albert for you, to see what additional info he will need. As you are on the “stable” alpha 11 build, it is possible this has been fixed in the “latest unstable” alpha 12. If not, he will likely request your game save folder, which you can upload just like you did for the Goblin bug if requested.

2 Likes

one other thing he might want is your stonehearth.log file, this should tell him what caused the error.

Thanks for posting about your issue.
The picking up/dropping items randomly is what we’ve termed the “Hearthling OCD” problem (Tony posted about it in this week’s Desktop Tuesday). We’re already addressing this, so no need to send your stonehearth.log file.

Alpha 11 has been out for a while now, so bug fixes and improvements have been folded into Alpha 12, which is available on Stonehearth’s Steam unstable branch (for the daring amongst you). We’re actually most interested in seeing any new issues or bugs cropping up in that release so that we can push a stable version asap.

Of course we want to hear about any issues you might have if you’re playing Alpha 11 – but no need to send us files right now; if we think you’ve found a new issue we’ll be in touch!

2 Likes

Alrighty :slight_smile: I’m new to all this but it’s turning out to be a lovely game! I’ve been making a list of all the things that’s gone wrong along with pictures of the incidents. I assume bulk posts aren’t permitted though lol