Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

Alpha 9 is coming! Suppose to be a significant boost to the danger that goblins pose. If you watch some of the recent Twitch streams, you’ll get a good idea of what those dangers are. :smiley:

2 Likes

combat “refresh” with new options and mobs will be coming in subsequent alphas (A9 iirc) … in other words, “soon”… :smile:

4 Likes

I don’t know if the Shepard is fully implemented yet, but my shepherds just wander around in the wilds with a sheep until they get attacked by goblins and then just run around screaming while the goblins try and kill the sheep before my footmen come and kill them, is this a bug or is this just the way shepherds are atm.

Have you set a pasture up? It’s next to the trapping area button.

If so you must fence the area in or else the sheep will wander off, and the herder will go off to find him.

Hope this helps @Autistic_Dictator

1 Like

I do have a pasture and it is fenced off but the Shepherd just wanders around with a single sheep not bringing it to pasture or anything

Has there been any word on when containers of some sort will be implemented? Having to have a lot of stockpiles to manage the resources is taking up a lot of space in my little town.

1 Like

I have tried to read through this, but there is a lot of questions here, so I could have missed it. I still have my custom designs from Alpha 7, but they no longer work for Alpha 8. Where do I go to remove them? I figure I need to go to a folder somewhere on the computer. What is the file path? Thank you.

I tried to remove custom designs from the game files but it doesn’t seem to work, they still appear in the buildings list even if there files are removed.

good point… perhaps the only (current) means of removing these is to completely delete the SH install folder and reinstall the A8 client entirely…

Steam\SteamApps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates

Removing them from there should do it? No?

3 Likes

jup thats correct - if you remove them from there the template is gone ^^

Removing them from there doesn’t work for me.

Are you loading a game or starting a new one after you’ve deleted them?

just for info - both build (205/2143 tested via new game and load) and in all the deleted templates are gone

Thank you so much for the reply. I think I’ll just wait for now before I uninstall and reinstall. I don’t want to lose my save progress just yet. I just got my blacksmith. :smile:

1 Like

just for info:

“hour_names” : [
“Aughtaur”,
“Twivaur”,
“Thrisaur”,
“Quarthaur”,
“Fifaur”,
“Sesaur”,
“Sevaur”,
“Ochaur”,
“Neinaur”,
“Tethtaur”,
“Elehaur”,
“Dovaur”
],

“month_names” : [
“Bittermun”,
“Deepmun”,
“Dewmun”,
“Rainmun”,
“Growmun”,
“Goldmun”,
“Feastmun”,
“Warmun”,
“Newmun”,
“Azuremun”,
“Hearthmun”,
“Northmun”

Just founded :wink:

4 Likes

I’m sorry, @Wiese2007, I think this is not the right topic to post that, but I don’t know where to merge your post, either :sweat_smile:

That info might come handy for new people, I’m seeing you’re learning a lot lately :smile: :+1:

Old forum veterans here know this kind of stuff since pre-Alpha (at the end of this post :arrow_heading_down: ):

Edit: on a second thought, this might be a good place for your post, perhaps.

5 Likes

@SteveAdamo surely this needs to be renamed or locked down (probably just renamed) (and it’s just getting me a bit annoyed) and it might be a bit misdirecting

2 Likes

it does indeed, and will be when A9 is released… :+1:

1 Like

i forgot its not released but thats its only in unstable

@SteveAdamo may i now be correct as to ask for you to rename the thread :smile:

2 Likes