Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

when will i be able to buy stonehearth through steam

You can buy the alpha ATM via www.Stonehearth.net, but for early access / beta etc… I’d guess the middle of spring 2015, and the full game in Q4 2015.

2 Likes

I’ve tried asking about this in the past, though I was trying through the reddit.Is there any chance we could, in the future, get a keyboard button for zooming in and out?

I play on a system without a mouse wheel most of the time, and it would be cool if I didn’t HAVE to have a mouse wheel to play the game. I’m sure I’m not entirely alone.

I think we need fully switchable controls… sorry Radiant…

I’m sure we’ll see more and better control over keybindings & such in the future… ATM though I think it’s a case of priorities: is it more important to add in a keybind UI, or mining (for example)?

Are you ever going to change the name? blizzard has a game called hearthstone so the name is kind of cheesy lol

If I’m not mistaken, Stonehearth was named first. Plus the developers have already stated they don’t have plans to change it.

3 Likes

To be honest I doubt it’ll hurt sales of Stonehearth :wink: .

2 Likes

Radiant Entertainment had the name Stonehearth well before Blizzard Entertainment decided to use HearthStone…

no issues to be concerned with here… :smile: :+1:

7 Likes

Shouldn’t this post be updated to “Alpha 7 General Questions”

2 Likes

we typically change this once the stable client has been released… :+1:

5 Likes

I have a Question i play alot of such games like DF and there is just 1 thing all i can think of have in common which rlly bugs me: i cant leave the place i settled in, you cant make another settlement somewhere else
and exchange goods with each other since 1 place got iron and the other got
like coal or rare healing herbs or plenty of food.
Or even just sending out some of you villagers/soldiers to attack an enemy base which raids you alot
or just exploreing/trading getting some magic gear in hostile terretory like a cave or a
Dungeon/Tempel or finding some place to harvest wood since you used up most at ur City.
i just have such a limmited feeling after iv managed to build a stable city but that might just be me =)
im awere iv thats a thing it will be in the far future i just intrested iv there will be so mutch freedom to it.

1 Like

hey there @Bainin … welcome aboard! :smile:

everything you are describing will be eventually implemented, as the game progresses… stay tuned! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the fast replay =D wow thats amazing rlly hoped for something like this dont have to be exactly that but just beeing able to leave the site outside your small world is something amazing and unique.
gotta love the fact there will be dwarfes =)

1 Like

I understand that it isn’t the highest priority. I just wanted it to be on the record so nobody forgets it. It is hard to play without a mousewheel as it is right now!

1 Like

Any possibility off an autosave being implemented i always forget to save, my memory isn’t that good to keep remembering to save and crashes are still there. Thanks for the great bug fixes radiant keep up the good work :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

im having some small issues i cant seem to find answers for, maybe someone can help. 1, how do you cancel somthing? like moving an item or building an item, is there a way to cancel it before its done? second, how do i get rid of things like the wild silkweed plants that might be growing in my way? or berry bushes i no longer need? third i have a net worth of over 12000 ive built about 6 houses, a townhall, a feeding house, a bunk house, knicknacks galore here and there, when will people migrate in? im still at 8 ppl i got my firt person at the start of the game, nothing after? and finally is the shephard broken? i got one after leveling the trapper, but he just sits idle, or stocks stockpiles, never goes hunting for livestock, and ive built the pen and zone for them. also , how do i make a mining pick and blacksmiths hammer to promote people into them jobs?

1 Like

As far as I know, this is currently not possible.

There’s an inofficial way of doing it which involves the console: Open the console (by pressing tilde (~)), select the entity and then type destroy into the console, followed by enter. Whatever you’ve selected should have been removed.

It’s pretty random and also dependent on the happiness of your town. To successfully attract immigrants, you need a net worth of at least 1000, plenty of food and a happiness above 4. I can’t find anything about a limit directly in the files, at any rate it could be just bad luck.

The shepherd was just recently added and is kind of a preview.

There’s no need to those, the worker’s hammer is an allround item.

The only profession items currently craftable are crafted by the carpenter. The black smith as a whole has not been implemented yet.

4 Likes

thanks so much, answered every one hehe, i really appreciate it.

When water gets implemented will we be able to make underwater cities?