Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

Stockpiles seem to be lacking in function, and I can’t tell if it’s because it’s early in the alpha or if I’m doing something wrong. When I place a stockpile and decide how it will be used, that’s it; there is nothing I can ever do to alter that stockpile, save building a floor over it, which deletes the stockpile in the areas where the floor is built.

I thought I saw a video of someone selecting a stockpile and getting a menu, allowing them to change what gets stored or to remove it. So at least at some point it was possible. Bug? User error? Removed feature?

hey there @Bihlbo … welcome aboard! :smile:

when you initially designate the stockpile area, you should have had the “management screen” that allows you to select the items that will be stored within… if you are designating areas as stockpiles, and are not getting the option to select what will be stored there, then this is indeed a bug…

are you able to re-select the stockpile once it is placed perhaps, and manage it from there?

I can decide how the placed stockpile will be used through the management screen you mentioned. That works when initially creating the SP. I am not able to reselect the SP once it is placed. Click it, shift-click, ctrl-click, r-click, be in SP creation mode and select - none of these things work. When I get back to it tonight I’ll find out what version I’m using, in case that matters.

Once you’ve placed a stockpile, if you just press your “Zone …” whatever it’s called button, the second one along, next to harvest, the stockpile should turn blue and you should be able to select it and then alter what is placed within/ remove if you want.

2 Likes

I realize that as mining gets implemented, wall construction is likely to get overhauled as well, however, I still have general questions concerning the short term:

Any plans to just allow us builders to simply paint walls with a brush? IE: Building walls against a cliff side or in a mine. Adding a column or accent to an exterior or interior wall.

Currently, I have to build floors 3 spaces away from a cliff before adding a wall because the scaffolding is on the outside. A simple condition checking the current exterior scaffold boundary for a natural earth voxel could be used as a method to force workers to put the scaffolding inside the home so they build the wall.

Also, any plans to allow for construction of interior walls to make rooms?

Stonehearth won’t launch after Steam Update 10/15/2014

Hi all. I updated Stonehearth through Steam and now Stonehearth won’t launch. I’ve tried shortcuts, from within Steam, and from the SteamApps folder. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Will

hey there @WillShattuck, welcome aboard! :smile:

apologies you’re having difficulties launching the game… could you provide us with some additional details?

how long before the game crashes (seconds, minutes)?

what are your system specs, including processor, RAM, graphics card?

Hi Steve

The game just doesn’t launch now. I try clicking on the steam shortcut or even going in to the steam apps folder.

Windows 7 64 bit
Not sure the processor
8 GB ram
Nvidia 4200 video card.

Better ram than me. Try re-intalling

Do you use any mods? I had some problems with usercreated .smod-files.
If so, delete the mod-files or unpack them in a folder, then it should work…

1 Like

alt + tab see if there is an error window behind the screen. if so deleted all your saves. try again.

1 Like

No, I don’t use any mods. This is just a stock install from Steam.

ALT+TAB doesn’t show anything. I open Task Manager, and launch the program. I see the executable start, and then it disappears.

Try going to your video cards website and grabbing the drivers there instead of from your softwares auto updater. If that doesn’t work, try disabling your anti virus and reinstalling the game, then running it,before enabling your anti virus again

1 Like

I’m sorry if this has been stated before in this thread, but… What I find frustrating is the random numerous crashes. I’m assume this is a bug, and I’ve learned to save often. I just hope this is fixed within the next few updates. ^^’’

hey there @willyT141 … welcome aboard! :smile:

if you are having persistent crashes, feel free to submit a bug report here, making sure to include things like the version of the game you’re running and your system specs… :+1:

1 Like

Thanks much, monsieur. :smile:

I can not launch the game. It has been 4 days since i purchased it for 30.00 from humble bundle. no one has responded until 40 min. ago. humble bundle can do nothing!! can somone please help? I am not good on a pc and get frustated trying to find a reply in the forums. can someone e mail me personally to help. jsnhll02@gmail.com

Thank you,
Jason

hey there @jsnhll02 … sorry you’re having such a difficult time…

have you tried the steps, as outlined here?

failing that, i’m sure someone from Radiant can help get you squared away…

paging @sdee

Steve, personal email. Unless you did, in witch case, good for you.