All i want for Christmas is a waterspawner :D

Bit early to write wishlists i know :stuck_out_tongue: i guess a despawner or maybe just a water mover/portal would be nice as my canals are running low and dry and my roman Aqueducts transport only wet dreams ! :stuck_out_tongue: (not really made the Aqueducts yet, but its in the back of my head! )

Either ways thanks for making a great game :smiley:

3 Likes

There was, at one point, a pair of mods to do both things ā€“ the original Water Mod contained spawners and despawners, although they had to be placed with the console; and the Mechanical Mod added pumps. Unfortunately, both mods have fallen by the wayside now.

However, we have the Engineer in-gameā€¦ it only makes sense for them to be able to construct pumps. I honestly donā€™t care that thereā€™s no other use for the water yet, Iā€™m happy to throw a few steel ingots into the means to move water around ā€œlegitā€ to create functional fountains and waterfalls that wonā€™t run out after a minute or so.

1 Like

as faar as i can tell the water mod just activated stuff from the devs :slight_smile: no clue about the pumping!

But seems to be currently water movement has some ā€¦issues :stuck_out_tongue: so i guess thats why it was removed But still cant wait to see it back in the game so i can build some fancy water works stuff.

The water mod added spawners and drains on top of activating the water (which wasnā€™t generating in the world at the time), and also added interaction between hearthlings and water through a thirst system.

In the vanilla game, water can be ā€œpicked upā€ or ā€œdetectedā€ by items, and the methods to add or remove water are there but not active (that is, thereā€™s nothing to make use of those features).

As for moving water in the game currently, itā€™s mostly a question of giving it the space to flow without it spilling over the sides. Waterfalls tend to splash water all over the place, but you can create a vertical ā€œpipeā€ to cleanly move water between levels. Water will even equalise between two containers/holding ponds, and itā€™s possible to create a fountain with these mechanics.

However, water tends to spray out the end of any open channel; hence why it gets so messy to work with. There are also issues with having large volumes of water trying to equalise; especially if you have a ā€œfaceā€ of water (like a cliff-face, or think of a tidal wave) which makes contact with other water flowing near it.