[NaB] A9v256 x64 Off Ground Wall Building Error

Bug: when building a structure more than five voxels off the ground walls create an error.

Steps to reproduce: Build 4 stone columns over 5 voxels high, place a stone slab on columns, build wood floor over slab, try to place walls.

1 Like

Do you mean placing walls manually or using the grow walls tool?
I think you can’t place walls on top of floor(?) and there is no space on your screenshot to surround the floor with walls…

You can… sometimes. Placing things on top of floors is really finicky; sometimes it works in some directions but not in others, sometimes it won’t work at all though it worked before.

[quote=“Relyss, post:2, topic:11474”]
there is no space on your screenshot to surround the floor with walls…
[/quote]That’s my diagnosis. With raised floors, the walls will start at the same level as the floor, so you better have left a space. Erasing one block in at each edge should be enough. Unfortunately, whenever I got errors when building a wall, it was a save-breaking bug. I hope you have an older save lying around.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from A9v256 x64 Off Ground Wall Building Error:

[quote=“coasterspaul, post:3, topic:11474”]
You can… sometimes. Placing things on top of floors is really finicky; sometimes it works in some directions but not in others, sometimes it won’t work at all though it worked before.

Update: Ok, so I tried to reload my town with 9 people from the save and it worked. Then using the building tool I was able to delete the floor by 2 spaces all around.

After successfully doing this I saved the game and continued.
Now using the ( grow walls ) tool I was able to set walls around the floor. Place the roof, windows and doors.

This works great for off the ground buildings. I learned two things, one, if your workers can reach it they can build it. Two, I was not able to build walls directly on top of floors, they have to be built around them.

1 Like

I’m glad it worked :smile:
Definitely the building system is going to be reworked to allow us to make multistory buildings and such, but for the moment this is the expected behavior.

2 Likes