[A16/A17] The buildings my hearthlings will not build (round 2!)

Nope. Re: mods - all vanilla

Try this version of the watchtower instead:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8jLpTsfTtT_OU51ZENYcHUtV3c/view?usp=drivesdk

your wooden inn is completely constructed in a timely fasion with the exeption of 2 little spots of scaffolting beneath the stairs :slight_smile:

The stone watchtower is finally being build. They will take there sweet time seeing they want to place a massive amount of scaffolting. Still when build early on it won’t take that long. they did get stuck on a small part, which was fixed by placing a stair manually. For just that reason i would say it is still bugged. However after they placed the last part on the top, my game closed it self with out any error message :frowning: so don’t know about the scaffolting :smile:

Edit:

Second try after restarting i had to manually place 2 ladders in order for it to finish. After the last block is placed again my game closes it self

1 Like

The most annoying issue I run into lately is that often when trying to place mosaics (i.e., patterns made with the “foundation” block in various colors), the mosaic won’t place in the spot I want it to – I’ll click it to place in one spot and it will “jump” up or down several z-levels, sometimes offscreen into midair or down inside solid rock.

It seems to be very very location specific. I posted with more details about this problem in the prior thread ( [A14/A15] The buildings my hearthling will not build Thread ) but the problem persists in the current alpha (even in new copies of the same seed/map).

Summary:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use the json file I provide, put into your saved objects
  2. Create the building in a world
  3. Once finished, observe that the scaffoldings on the front walls are not fully removed.

Expected Results:
Scaffolding should be removed
Actual Results:
Most is removed, except two walls worth of it.
Notes:
The json file is here (pastebinning it): [JSON] { "header" : { "preview_image" : "\/r\/saved_objects\/stonehearth\/building - Pastebin.com
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: A552

System Information: Windows 10 Dx12

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/a16-the-buildings-my-hearthlings-will-not-build-round-2/22200

1 Like

two-story bldg.zip (2.5 KB)

png below
a16 release 553 / develop-2972

I designed a building with a hole in the second floor, that I planned to have hearthlings access with ladders. When I clicked “build”, I got the popup error quoted below.

I loaded the building in a new game and got no error, but now it has the second floor simply floating. (I didn’t try building it since I was far short of materials.)

I’ve had several errors like this with building; figured I might as well try posting one. I’m really enjoying the game so far!

Popup engine error:

release-553 (x64)
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:154: attempt to index local ‘entry’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:154: in function ‘get_dependencies’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:163: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:202: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:41: in function <…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:39>

release-553 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Replica of Ancient Monument.
rabbit monument.zip (2.8 KB)
Randomly building stops while building rabbit’s ear part. Hearthlings eventually don’t go to build scaffolding or ladders to build ear part. I found this situation is frequently occurred under following conditions.

1. Save/reload while building is incomplete
  2. Due to speed of placing slabs much more faster than placing scaffolding and ladders, workers stuck at the top of monument. After rescuing workers by building manual ladders, building does not continue.

release-553 (x64)

got me a bridge design which got build and left allot of scaffolting

bridge.zip (2.0 KB)

2 Likes

Here’s a modular stone keep. My hearthlings have had no problem building the inner and outer wall templates, but the main keep tower has stalled. I think it doesn’t like walls up against existing walls of other buildings. It built about half of the design before stalling, and I’ve tried several attempts to unstall it with manual ladders, but with very limited success (a few new blocks placed here and there after placing ladders and then it stalls again, etc).

Saves:
Stone keep (8.5 MB) before hitting “build” on the main hall component.
Stone keep (10.2 MB) after stalling mid-build.

Screenshots:
Ghosted Design

Stalled Build

@not_owen_wilson, for visibility

1 Like

hi
i have made a 1 floor house but my guys dont build it and the error box poped up and now pop up each time i launch my game.

release-559 (x64)…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:154: attempt to index local ‘entry’ (a nil value)stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:154: in function ‘get_dependencies’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:163: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:202: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:41: in function <…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:39>

i have the ressources and components are built. I precise it is my first one floor house. all the other houses have no floor.

i have dig the dirt and i want to build that house to hide the hole in the dirt, until we can place dirt back. maybe it is the fact the 0 floor of the house is beyond a hole wich creates the error.

here is a screenshot of the house wich creates the error, we can see the hole beneeth it, but i have already built 2 other “no floor” house by that way and it worked fine.
we can see the two houses already built behind the big one

3 Likes

Hello @fratermalou, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I moved your posts here. Do you have the template of your building?

It should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates

1 Like

Hi everyone
thank you very much, here it is.
I am french, sorry if my english is bad sometimeshouse_bug_forum.zip (9.5 KB)

1 Like

This is likely caused by the fact that (I believe) the code is written that foundations must be dug by hearthlings.

Dug or placed. Basically a foundation to be designated, or well a floor to be designated. Found out that one of my designs that I did like 3 times redoing it from scratch; got the 3rd one to work. How? Make everything on the floor level a floor. Do that before placing slabs above it. Of course also having the wall where wanted before doing that will ensure the walls are in the right place.

In the last thread it was 2 of the last templates I posted, but managed to redo the smaller one.

The main thing I have noticed is the building thingy doesn’t like floors and slabs next to each other in certain situations. Like the half wrap around porch. Works fine if along one side of building, however not so much when on more than 1, if the porch is completely slabs.

Something like that. So I’s imagine yes just not having a foundation of some kind could cause something like that in certain instances. Has to have a first floor before having a second. :slight_smile:

Note: This is just from what I have noticed in my own experience with the building thingy.

ok i will try to build only the floor with slabs and try to build the house in another template

the house is well built. I just filled the hole behind it by stone slabs. and it worked. just some windows and beds remain unplaced but i guess the heartlings will place them later, as they usually do.

Here is a Build to help Chris get Scaffolding working

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B45LtNDFZunhLS1Xem82b0MxUXM&usp=sharing

5 Likes

We’ve got a flush of new problematic template reports with A17, so pinning this back up!

5 Likes