450 - Minor Bug - Curtains keep falling to the floor

I confirmed a tapestory slipped off into ground in R447.So this issue already has begun in former release,I suspect.It went like this.I started a new game at R447,and I saw a tapestry slipped off,so stopped playing to wait for bug fix,I expected R450 solves this issue but unfortunately not.And fyi,I have never deleted picket fences,but I remember I deleted a ladder (which is built by hearthlings,they wouldnt break down in spite of completing their task) with console command.English is not my 1st language,Im happy if this info helps.

1 Like

then perhaps deleting an object with the console command is linked to this bug, @Albert?

I don’t know if this information helps, but I messed around with the building to see how the curtain would function in different ways. In this case, I console destroyed the building but left certain parts intact: door, window, lantern, bed and the curtain (that’s still on the floor). Essentially, I removed the walls, roof, and floor. Interestingly, as I removed t he floor, the curtain continues to fall down to the next bottom layer of blocks while everything else remains “afloat in the air”.

1 Like

hmm… so the curtains have the “gravity effect” to them, just like items, so perhaps the game isn’t registering that they are placed and still think its in iconic form, thus causing them to fall to the ground.

sorry, that was just my random thought/blurb :blush:

Here is time series save data you can see slip_off_issue.

ttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3450490/saved_games.zip

If you got a problem to download,just tell me on this board. =)

=EDIT=
Removing DL Link

@Sthenno - I wasn’t able to load the game because I’m missing some mods you’re running. Not a huge bug, so we’ll leave it outstanding until we have a better repro.

3 Likes

[quote=“Albert, post:15, topic:15543, full:true”]
@Sthenno - I wasn’t able to load the game because I’m missing some mods you’re running. Not a huge bug, so we’ll leave it outstanding until we have a better repro.
[/quote]Ack,my bad,I wasn’t aware of that :weary:
Anyway Im looking forward to Alpha12.WTG Albert and all of Team Radiant :smile:

@Albert I’m having this same issue in my last village with tapestries falling to the ground. I’m not using any mods so I’ll try to send you a copy of the saved game later tonight and see if it helps. (R453/A11)

Have fun. Kyth.

1 Like

@Kythandra - If you hang the tapestry again in the same spot will it fall down again?

1 Like

I think yes, they do, but I’ll try again when I get home and I’ll confirm it, or not. And btw, it depends where you hang them whether it falls or stays ;).

Have fun, Kyth

If it’s reproducible, I’d love to have that save!

1 Like

I have checked and they keep falling. The bug is reproducible. I send you the save. I hope it helps you.

Have fun, Kyth

1 Like

I’m seeing this happen with curtains and tapestries. I made two big houses with nice furnishings and when I got a weaver I upgraded their beds… one bed came out as a Fine Comfy Bed so I wanted to make that house baller, which meant all the decorations!.. not really, just the curtain and tapestries.

I think I may have deleted a ladder or something in the console for this game, if it helps any.

i encountered this bug too.
but for me, this only happens when i construct a building and save + load the game. if i construct the building and place curtains in the same session, they won’t fall down and after loading the savegame they stay in place.
happens to me only when i place them on buildings i built earlier.

1 Like

Yea, I’m having the same problem in R453 (x64). Some curtains are hung with no problems, others just fall into the floor, even within the same building. Undeploying then placing again results in the same.

@Seraphic - Do you have a save game you can upload where I can place curtains and see them fall down? That would help a lot.

1 Like

This is a save game from yesterday (Aug 30). Dropbox - 1440947691787

@crazy_angel_60 - Thanks! I’ll take a look later today.

1 Like

I believe it won’t mount to the windows I moved during the design process (meaning I had a window, removed it, and placed a new window frame next to the original location)

This was a tricky one, but should now be fixed for the next patch. Thanks to everyone for all the information that made this possible!

5 Likes